What's new

T-Rexes (Rex Club)

Agreed. I didn't need to shave today, but wanted a touch up before work. Two quick passes today at 1.5, effortless and I was zooming around my face.

Okay here's an update on my Rex..I was having problems with screwing the top cap on, because it would bind most of the time. I got in touch with Matt at razor Emporium, he sent me a return label I send the razor back the first week of owning it. I haven't heard anything so I called him last Friday. Talking to him he said he would check it out Wednesday, which would have been today as a matter of fact. He also said he had some parts that you can probably exchange on the razor. So a couple of days ago which was Monday two days ahead of when he was going to look at it I received a package in the mail my Razor. Screws together nicely now, problem solved and I'm not exactly sure cap or the knob on the handle that he replaced. So we are good to go.
Do you think I should call him today and ask him how the razors coming? lol.. although I am curious just which part and was looks to me like the threading tapered the lip little bit more on the cap.

Glad you got it back, please leave a shave report l, I always recommend starting at 2.5 and moving up or down.

I was on the Rex pass around so I've got a couple of weeks in the end.lol I think I started this morning at about two and a half or so I think I'm back to down the one and a half or something the last pass. Those lower settings get with it also.

Saweeet shave today......

418496B8-44BF-44A7-9426-3EF459EAAADE.jpeg

Two of the best going hand in hand....

What blades work for you guys in the Rex?
The Astra Platinum provides me with the best all round shave with my RA. I have used Feathers, Personna Platinum, Derby and Polsilver SI but the Astra performs the best for me. Note: My RA is a flawless M4...Had it since Nov. 2017 and I have loved it from day one!

After spending a few months with the Rex, I honestly like it better than my 6s. Once I dialed it in it has become one of my best razors.

Spare parts arrived, all OK, replacing the bottom knob was enough to solve the problem with the screw. Thanks to razor emporium for the fast delivery and the kind support.
Regarding the shave experience I must say that this razor is simply better than all my vintage Gillettes. It gives me much more "constant behavior shaves" being more predictable with all the blades and settings used so far.

Inviato dal mio COR-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

Spare parts arrived, all OK, replacing the bottom knob was enough to solve the problem with the screw. Thanks to razor emporium for the fast delivery and the kind support.
Regarding the shave experience I must say that this razor is simply better than all my vintage Gillettes. It gives me much more "constant behavior shaves" being more predictable with all the blades and settings used so far.

Inviato dal mio COR-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk
Good deal you got your parts and you're good to go, as mine is too!

I got my Rex Ambassador in the mail on Thursday and I have shaved with it twice. First time on setting 4 with a Voskhod blade; second on setting 5 with the Ladas blade. I am completely blown away with this razors super efficiency; mowing down stubble like no ones business. The adjuster dial does not feel loose as early reviews had stated, and there’s plenty of heft in this bad boy. As well as there should being made out of stainless steel. I had no problem finding the Rex’s sweet spot and the balance of it was perfect for my shaving needs. I personally feel this will be one of, if not my top razor out of all my de razors. Here’s my YouTube video where I have my first shave with the Rex Ambassador if anyone would like to see it.

I got my Rex Ambassador in the mail on Thursday and I have shaved with it twice. First time on setting 4 with a Voskhod blade; second on setting 5 with the Ladas blade. I am completely blown away with this razors super efficiency; mowing down stubble like no ones business. The adjuster dial does not feel loose as early reviews had stated, and there’s plenty of heft in this bad boy. As well as there should being made out of stainless steel. I had no problem finding the Rex’s sweet spot and the balance of it was perfect for my shaving needs. I personally feel this will be one of, if not my top razor out of all my de razors. Here’s my YouTube video where I have my first shave with the Rex Ambassador if anyone would like to see it.
That's awesome to hear. I'm getting one as well eventually!

I have been using my Rex Ambassador since November 2017 and I as I have stated before, I couldn't be happier with the razor. Being able to to make adjustments on the fly for different passes and areas of my face has provided me exceptional shaves. I have zeroed in on the following setting sequence for a consistant, bloodless BBS:
WTG - 3
XTG - 2
ATG - 2
Exception: Around the mouth and under the nose - 1 on all passes.

This particular setting sequence works best when I am using a sharp blade like Astra or Feather. I have not tried the Nacet blades but I understand that they are great blades as well.

For what it is worth, I was looking for an adjustable razor and I purchased a Parker Variant in the summer of 2017 after reading some positive reviews. Unfortunately I found it lacking in balance and performance. After 2 months of being underwhelmed, I decided to purchase the Rex Ambassador and my only regret is that I spent the $60 on the Variant in the first place.

I will more than likely use feathers as usual with the rex. As I do with all my other razors, vintage, modern, doesn't matter. I think they are well priced for the quality! My dad says German blades are the best though. I did a search exploring that, and found merkur super platinum coated for more money. Maybe they are the best I don't know.

I will more than likely use feathers as usual with the rex. As I do with all my other razors, vintage, modern, doesn't matter. I think they are well priced for the quality! My dad says German blades are the best though. I did a search exploring that, and found merkur super platinum coated for more money. Maybe they are the best I don't know.
Merkur makes a fine blade. You will have the opportunity to decide which works best for you. good luck!

Top Bottom