What's new

T&h?

Greetings Truefitt and Hill Fans,
Ashford.com has been a source of some select discounted Truefitt and Hill kit. After going from five to four to three to two web pages of offerings, they are now back to five full pages at T&H Kit . Some nice things are available once again.

Wow, I just checked them out a few days ago and they only had 2 pages. Now it's up to 5. That's great. Can you tell us about your experience with them? Service, shipping, etc. Thanks.

That T&H $6 shaving soap refill is without question the best deal on a shaving product - period. T&H hard soap is among the best - and the horrid wooden bowl is all but worthless - so getting a $25 soap for $6 is a Frickin' steal. If you bought a Saville Row SRT-8/12 or a shavemac silvertip, a Merkur Progress or slant bar, and this cake of T&H soap - you would pretty much leave nothing to be desired in terms of a quality shave. I am still a little stunned.... $6 is the price of a large cake of Col. Conk in these parts... what a steal for that T&H!

I have bought from Ashford a number of times. They provide great service, ship fast, etc. Buy with confidence.

Can you melt the T&H soap? It also wasn't clear what the scent was, or if you had a choice.

Scotto said:
Can you melt the T&H soap?

You can melt ANYTHING with enough FIRE:spockflam

To answer your questions though, I don't know. Sorry. Was just looking for an excuse to use the "burn the chinchilla" smiley. Oh yeah, another thumbs up for Ashford. Good experiences in the past.

Scotto said:
I have bought from Ashford a number of times. They provide great service, ship fast, etc. Buy with confidence.

Can you melt the T&H soap? It also wasn't clear what the scent was, or if you had a choice.

No the T&H is a traditional SUPER hard triple milled english shaving soap. Seriously.... one cake will last you an amazingly long time. I think I could get at LEAST 6 months of daily use out of ONE cake - for for $6 it is MIGHTY cheap. It does not claim to have a "scent" but one wiff and you immediatly will peg it as a lavender. It is really nice stuff. In the B&B shaving DVD - there is video of me lathering up the T&H, QED, and Tabac soaps side by side.

Scotto,

I don't believe that T&H is a soap you want to melt. It is not glycerine based and does not contains bentonite clay.

Randy

Sorry I am swamped tonight... I will certainly have time to get to it tomorrow after 6pm pst. This working like crazy, and going to school bit is rather hectic!

Just and I mean JUST took delivery on a spankin' new digital camera. Once I figure this sucker out, I'll be posting pics or a video!! Sweet!

Ron,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Last night I ordered the shaving soap, and tubs of Trafalgar and 1805. I wonder if I can add on to my apartment?

Randy

Top Bottom