What's new

T&H, WOW! Is there a better SC than this?

So I am still a newbie and I am trying out many different products and I must say that I am impressed with the T&H line so far.

I started out with the Almond SC and was not impressed. Then I tried the Lavender and fell in love with this SC, it is the best I have used to date and I love the smell and feel on my skin. Absolutely AWESOME!

Next I used the Grafton and 1805 SC's and I love them too. I can't wait to try the rest of my samples. I think I am hooked on this line so much that I am considering selling all of the other stuff and just loading up on T&H exclusively! Is there be a better SC out there?

I've been hooked on T & H ever since getting a shave at their Chicago store. My preference is the Ultimate Comfort line.

You should also check out their cologne line. My wife loves the smell of Freshman on me.

Enjoy.

Of T&H, Trafalgar is my favourite

+1. Trafalgar is my travel cream, since I can seem to get it to lather anywhere. T&H certainly makes a good cream, but at the house I'm really enjoying a TGQ cream-- Desert Ironwood. More of the TGQ creams will be on their way to my house soon enough. :biggrin:

T&H pros: lathers anywhere, they all smell great, widely available, and really not that expensive when you consider how long they last.

Cons: I can't really think of any, but that doesn't mean there aren't other creams out there that you would enjoy more. By all means, though, use your T&H creams and love every minute of it, they are great stuff. :thumbup1:

Is there a better cream than T&H? There's a long list of better creams IMHO.

Sorry, but I'm just not a fan at all.

So I am still a newbie and I am trying out many different products and I must say that I am impressed with the T&H line so far.

I started out with the Almond SC and was not impressed. Then I tried the Lavender and fell in love with this SC, it is the best I have used to date and I love the smell and feel on my skin. Absolutely AWESOME!

Next I used the Grafton and 1805 SC's and I love them too. I can't wait to try the rest of my samples. I think I am hooked on this line so much that I am considering selling all of the other stuff and just loading up on T&H exclusively! Is there be a better SC out there?

While SC/SS are are in alot of ways personal opinions, I would say that there are quite a few "cheaper" creams that provide as good, if not better shaves than the higher ends. A few I've found that are readily available and very good, IMHO, are:

Speick
Godrej (all scents)
Proraso (CO Bigelow)
JM Fraser

All of these are below $20 in price.

Again, not knocking T&H, but these are some other options as well.

Of T&H, Trafalgar is my favourite

He's right!

With the caveat of: Trafalgar is the BEST cologne scented SC available...ANYWHERE

So it is said!

As far as efficacy... I think there are others that are equal, or close to it... but nothing noticeably better than t&h. I, for one, have great success with KMF... can't get much cheaper/more convenient than that

Last edited:
i have 1805 and west indian limes they are awesome. but to be honest i have a $3 tube of nivea shaving cream and it does just as good as the much more expensive truefitt and hill stuff.

There are creams that are comparable but not better than T&H. I don't care for the cologne scented creams as they are a bit much for me, but the Lavender is superb. I find Taylor's of Old Bond Street performs as well as T&H and perhaps has a little bit more cushion, but at a fraction of the price.

Clint

For me, it doesn't get any better than 1805.

To my complete surprise, my wife has professed a love of the Grafton scent, which I was certain would not appeal to her. I may have to compromise and have a tub of each... schucks... ;)

Grafton and Trafalgar rock my world! I don't think there is anything out there that smells like Trafalgar. At least not to my knowledge. T&H is great stuff but there other creams out there that work just as well for less money. But having said that, I really enjoy T&H!

Bought my 1st T&H cream last weekend, Trafalgar. Shaved twice with it and really like it. Its way softer than the Trumpers and Taylors creams I have.

It isnt the cheapest though, nice for a treat. Shave wise I would say that it is the same as most other creams, that are cheaper,

I'm a big fan of Trafalgar and have the creme and cologne. I have to put in a plug for TOBS Almond because from a shave quality standpoint its the best I have ever tried. Also, for < $15 it is a great value.

Top Bottom