What's new

T&H West Indian Limes Shave Cream

Kyle,

This the first English Cream I ever used, and still keep it at the top of my list. I also use the after shave balm as well. Might just use it tomorrow along with some Dominican Bay Lime.

CraigK

roughrider said:
Nicely done Kyle. I can't keep my nose from sniffing the brush after using this cream. :biggrin:
I hear you on that. Sadly, anytime I'm in the bathroom and see the tub, I end up taking a sniff.

Kyle said:
I hear you on that. Sadly, anytime I'm in the bathroom and see the tub, I end up taking a sniff.

Tell me about it. I sometimes used take a sniff before I went to bed. Now I do it with the QED New Rose shave stick. Man, I think we need help. :biggrin:

I've had limes from Classic Shaving and from Coates. Nice, but I just don't really get into it...I must be trying the wrong stuff. I'll wait for Ashford to get it in!

Randy

It is a great scent. I have the shampoo and body wash, it is is ridiculously intense. Makes the whole house smell like Lime soda. My kids like to shower with it as well.

Scotto said:
It is a great scent. I have the shampoo and body wash, it is is ridiculously intense. Makes the whole house smell like Lime soda. My kids like to shower with it as well.
I have the body bar too! Nice, like rubbing lime Lifesavers all over yourself..:w00t:
But tell us about the trip. Museum? Canal Tour? Bordellos?:lol:

I have the Coates Limes shave cream, and just don't get that limey kick I'm looking for from it. Does the T&H smell more limey?

My favorite summe cologne is a lime scent--I'd love to have a great lime shave cream, too.

I've not smelled the Coates version, so I can't make the comparison. I do, however, find the T&H to be a very strong scent.

mrob said:
I have the Coates Limes shave cream, and just don't get that limey kick I'm looking for from it. Does the T&H smell more limey?

My favorite summe cologne is a lime scent--I'd love to have a great lime shave cream, too.
Mitch,
I have the T&H, Taylors, and Coates laying about. Promise I'll sniff them out this evening and give you a report. Think I have the Trumper also.. I'll have to search.

Ron,

Should have known you'd have all of them in your personal SC library! I'll look forward to your thoughts. . .or should I say smells!

They are all very different scents. Not to steal Ron's' thunder but....

Taylor - "woody first, citrus later"
Coates - "bitter lime"
T&H = "fizzy lime soda"
Trumpers = "mild, sweet lime"

and don't forget the best lime scent of them all:

QED Fresh Limes - "an intense fresh lime blast"

I am sure some high-faluttin' type will chime in with how Castle Forbes kicks all their a$$es, but such is life. :rolleyes:

The QED Lime is intense. No mistaking it.

I tried the GFT Lime cream (sample) this morning and while it provided a very good shave (though not as good as the other GFT creams I own), the scent was pretty dull. GFT creams are pretty much my favourite, so this was a little bit of a let-down.

I think I will see if I can get a sample of the T&H Lime sent to me. I have heard so many good things about it and this review has accelerated my interest.

mrob said:
Ron,

Should have known you'd have all of them in your personal SC library! I'll look forward to your thoughts. . .or should I say smells!
Ran the Coates this morning.. Nice dry lime fragrance. Hint of something else in the background that I could not put my finger on. The kind of lime you want ot put in a gin and tonic to give it puckerability.

Top Bottom