What's new

T&H West Indian Limes Shave Cream Samples

Well, I bought some Truefitt & Hill - West Indian Limes Shave Cream and tried it out today. My razor is a Merkur HD with a brand new Derby Extra. I used an EJ super badger brush and a mug to whip up the lather. I used Hydrolast conditioner and tonic for a post shave treatment.

Overall I was unimpressed with the results. The lather was good, but the shave wasn't very slick and afterwards I got a lot of burning for a few hours and some bumps are now on my neck. It would be a nice backup for my Hydrolast products, but it's not for the main stage.

So this means I'm going to have some samples to share. I picked up some small containers that are 1"x1"x3/4". What is the best and cheapest way to ship these samples (packaging, labeling, etc)? I'll take orders for samples once I've got a reply on the shipping methods.

Not to stop you from sending out samples, but it's rather quick to come to a conclusion after only one try. If the burning is from an allergy, than by all means, give it away. But since you mentioned it wasn't very slick, I'd guess it's just razor burn. T&H products are top-notch. I suggest you try again and play around with your cream/water ratio.

letterk said:
Not to stop you from sending out samples, but it's rather quick to come to a conclusion after only one try. If the burning is from an allergy, than by all means, give it away. But since you mentioned it wasn't very slick, I'd guess it's just razor burn. T&H products are top-notch. I suggest you try again and play around with your cream/water ratio.

I would like to second the above suggestion. I have found the T&H creams I've tried to be top-rate and I am especially enamored with the West Indian Limes scent... If, after you play with water:cream ratios a little you still have problems with the cream you could also consider offering it for a trade (so that you get something cool in exchange for it) rather than dividing it up as samples.

Oh, I'm going to keep it around. I just thought I'd send out a few samples since I have a whole tub. A little of this stuff goes a long way. The samples will be small as mentioned above and Iam still looking for advice on cheap shipping. And I agree on the scent, it's great!

sparky5693 said:
Is it just me or doers this smell like lemon pledge?

I don't know... maybe others think it smells like pledge... but I thought that it smelled like heaven. I love this scent!

Sparky5693-- you are right. T&H West Indian Limes DOES smell a bit like various cleaning products. I am reminded of it when I wash dishes. But... smell it some more. Its a pretty nice scent that harkens back to a time before lime scented dish soap. Its really quite lovely and antiquated stuff. My wife adores it.

Wanna trade samples of your Limes for some T & H 1805? Or even some Taylors Sandalwood, Shave Shop or Lavander?

If so, shoot me a PM.

I tried the T & H Limes a while ago but don't remember the shave, but I do remember I loved the smell.

Somewhat, but only initially. There are other woodiness scents that help to balance it out from being too tart and bitter.

It's a zesty scent, but not quite the urinal-cake, water-your-eye zestiness.

Art,

I've got a tube of this. Send me a PM and I can send you a sample in the mail Monday if you want. After visiting the C&E and the Body Shop store, guess where I got all of these extra empty sample containers? :tongue:

-joedy

Top Bottom