What's new

T+H Ultimate Comfort AS Balm

I have seen a great many mixed opinions concerning the Ultimate Comfort Shave Cream, but I have yet to hear of anyone using the aftershave treatment. Is anybody out there using this, and if so what were your impressions. I am definitely considering purchasing this, but given the number of negative comments I have seen about the shave cream I would like to know what other users think of this products.
Regards, AJS

I really like the ASB. It has performed as well or better than any ASB product that I have used. It is very soothing and provides just the right amount of moisturization.

Thanks Kyle, now I'm torn between the T+H and the Shaving Gallery A/S gel. On the one hand, the T+H is more readily available for me, and if it is as good as you say then it is definitely worth considering. On the other hand the Shaving Gallery products has had some great feedback, but is going to be harder to get hold of (although I have this perverse streak that insists on doing everything the hard way)
Thats the problem with wet shaving, so many great products that fill the same function. Still, if it is OK to have more than one brush, one razor and an infinite amount of shave cream, then why cant you have more than one aftershave?
Regards, AJS

I prefer the shave cream to the balm, the balm felt thick and smelled to much like sun tan lotion for me, that said I typically prefer splashes so i find any of the heavier balms to not be my cup of tea

I don't know why the UC shave cream gets such a bad rap. It is one of my favourites. Love the scent, great cushioning lather. I haven't tried the AS balm, I don't want to spend that kind of money on, from what I have read, would not be good on my skin.

Rustyblade, what have you heard to suggest that this product may not be good for the skin?
Regards, AJS

AJS,

If you have access to a T&H retailer, I would suggest grabbing a free sample of the ASB & giving it a shot.

AJS said:
Rustyblade, what have you heard to suggest that this product may not be good for the skin?
Regards, AJS

I have heard that it feels heavy and can sting a bit. Last time someone said "this a/s only stings a bit" I bought the stuff (T&H Classic Balm) and it was the worst burning a/s I have ever tried.

If you want a good balm, I just got some Musgo Balsam and so far, it is heaven in a bottle.

rustyblade said:
I have heard that it feels heavy and can sting a bit. Last time someone said "this a/s only stings a bit" I bought the stuff (T&H Classic Balm) and it was the worst burning a/s I have ever tried.

If you want a good balm, I just got some Musgo Balsam and so far, it is heaven in a bottle.
From my experience with this ASB, neither statement holds true. Any ASB, when applied to thickly will feel heavy. Also, I found this product to have ZERO sting and performed very well in quenching the burn of a raw face.

Hi Kyle,
Over the years of using the T&H Classic Balm I have found some gents have a sensitivity to the lanolin in the balm(s). They usually find that sensitvity manifested as a burning sensation. Some find that it creates redness not unlike hives.
As far as I am concerned, the T&H Classic is the optimum solution for each of the three performance areas I look for in a balm. Great stuff!:tongue_sm Too bad for those with the genetic predisposition to react to lanolin. All I can imagine is that there was an unfortunate encounter with a sheep at some point in the evolutionary development of their genome.:lol:

guenron said:
Hi Kyle,
...Too bad for those with the genetic predisposition to react to lanolin. All I can imagine is that there was an unfortunate encounter with a sheep at some point in the evolutionary development of their genome.:lol:

Exactly the reason I've been a bit sheepish about trying the stuff! :biggrin:

guenron said:
Hi Kyle,
Over the years of using the T&H Classic Balm I have found some gents have a sensitivity to the lanolin in the balm(s). They usually find that sensitvity manifested as a burning sensation. Some find that it creates redness not unlike hives.
As far as I am concerned, the T&H Classic is the optimum solution for each of the three performance areas I look for in a balm. Great stuff!:tongue_sm Too bad for those with the genetic predisposition to react to lanolin. All I can imagine is that there was an unfortunate encounter with a sheep at some point in the evolutionary development of their genome.:lol:
Certainly, an allergic reaction can dampen the enjoyment of a product. A red, blotchy face isn't something that leaves a man with the comfort or confidence needed to go out and face the day's challenges.

Allergies aside (and boy am I glad I don't have them), the more I use the Ultimate Comfort ASB, the more I like it. I recently got my hands on a questionable blade and really did a number on my face. This stuff really did a great job of removing the sting.

guenron said:
Hi Kyle,

Ron, I love lanolin and it loves me! I use many products with lanolin, Kent soap, Proraso, hair pomade, lip balm etc., with no troubles. However, something in the T&H Classic balm sets me off. It's one of those YMMV products, I think the smell of it is vile, and usually I can stomach anything. I have 1805 Balm, and I get on okay with that, although it isn't optimal.

I don't care for the UC shaving cream, but the UC AS is nice. To me it is like Nivea Sensitive, but a step up in quality with a nice, bergamot scent.

rustyblade said:
Ron, I love lanolin and it loves me! I use many products with lanolin, Kent soap, Proraso, hair pomade, lip balm etc., with no troubles. However, something in the T&H Classic balm sets me off. It's one of those YMMV products, I think the smell of it is vile, and usually I can stomach anything. I have 1805 Balm, and I get on okay with that, although it isn't optimal.
Odd, with the exception of fragrance their formulations are similar, not identical though. As far as your assessment of the Classic's nonfragrance, it is its consitituents. Did you purchase a bottle or were you working from a sample? I wonder if the stuff can spoil..
Too bad. BTW T&H has discontinued marketing the Classic. Fortunately I have a 4 to 6 year supply, but this too will be consumed at some point.:crying:

Top Bottom