What's new

T&H Overrated for the price?

@Bbb34 Always glad to hear another perspective! I'm hoping that my experience with the Sandalwood was a fluke, because I really do think that T&H have a slightly better scent profile generally (although not as many options admittedly). I have yet to try Trumper's, so I'll have to reserve judgment on that front!

Ah, this is as good as any other reasons to like this forum, how we can not see things the same way and still continue the conversation, I like that. Again, I am big fan of TOBS, so I fully get your praise.

Trumper's, well if you get a chance, give it a try. I wanted to buy some, but just couldn't quite find the scent I liked. Soon after I received some samples of their coconut cream with one of my other purchases. It was very pleasant surprise I must say.

Still, every time I go back to 1805 I go "ah, yes, that's why I sound like either PR for them or at least shareholder of the company" (which I don't - no association whatsoever). :D :D

Ah, this is as good as any other reasons to like this forum, how we can not see things the same way and still continue the conversation, I like that. Again, I am big fan of TOBS, so I fully get your praise.

Trumper's, well if you get a chance, give it a try. I wanted to buy some, but just couldn't quite find the scent I liked. Soon after I received some samples of their coconut cream with one of my other purchases. It was very pleasant surprise I must say.

Still, every time I go back to 1805 I go "ah, yes, that's why I sound like either PR for them or at least shareholder of the company" (which I don't - no association whatsoever). :D :D

So....how did the Trumpers Coconut compare to the 1805 in terms of performance?

So....how did the Trumpers Coconut compare to the 1805 in terms of performance?

Well, I'm not a huge fan of the scent. I mean, it's super mild, but coconut is not something I'm after when I'm shaving.

Trumper's surprised me with glide that's very similar to 1805 and also lathers very easily. As you know, this is true for 1805 as well as TOBS. To me, 1805 is slickest of the three, and using same amount of cream produces most lather of the three and last longest before it dries on my face. Don't completely trust me me on any of this as it has been over a year since I last used TOBS Grapefruit and only have used Trumper's for 3 shaves, where 1805 is in regular rotation for me.

You now have me excited to try my 1805 sample!
Hope you like it and hope your samples are in good shape. Recently local store gave me some of the T&H samples (sandalwood) but once I opened the package they were completely dried out.

Hope you like it and hope your samples are in good shape. Recently local store gave me some of the T&H samples (sandalwood) but once I opened the package they were completely dried out.

Mine seem to be fine, but I ordered directly from T&H's store in London so that probably helped!

Top Bottom