What's new

T&H Grafton?

Anyone have any thoughts on T&H Grafton shave cream? I really like the cologne and am tempted to give the cream a shot.

Just wondering if anyone found it irritating or would like to share thoughts regarding how close the fragrance of the cream is to that of the cologne. If you have used it how was the shave?

Wow, have so few tried this cream?

I absolutely love the cologne and am always suprised nobody speaks more about it. I guess I am going to have to take the plunge and order a jar. Does anyone know if T&H has trial sizes of any of their creams besides 1805? Maybe I could try that route first.

water said:
Wow, have so few tried this cream?

I absolutely love the cologne and am always suprised nobody speaks more about it. I guess I am going to have to take the plunge and order a jar. Does anyone know if T&H has trial sizes of any of their creams besides 1805? Maybe I could try that route first.
Greetings Water,
We need to stop agreeing on colognes! I tried a sample of Grafton cream and it was typically T&H, luxurious and efficacious. The fragrance, as with the other T&H fragrance oil creams, is nothing short of pure joy. I wonder though, with your extraordinarily sensitive visage, if you would not engender some irritation? I was able to get a sample from a nearby (30+ miles) retail oasis, a really splendid privately owned specialty shop, Essentials in nearby (hah!) Cassady Square, OK. Do you have any problems with perfumed creams?

I always thought of myself as having sensitive skin until I started down the wet shaving road. I actually prefer fragranced creams (T&H Trafalgar being one of my favourites). The only reaction I seem to have had as of late was after applying the T&H unscented balm, which I have deduced is likely due to the lanolin content. At first I thought I might also have a reaction to DaVinci water, but it has actually turned out to be fantastic and I use it after every shave.

I just got my first tub of Grafton today. So I had to try it...

The only other T&H I have used is a Limes sample. I prefer Trumper's version. However, Grafton is excellent, IMO. Fresh, clean, a sort of "talc" smell from the jar. It lathered perfectly (I have read a few negatives on T&H lather--so I was worried). This was one of my best shaves ever. Six hours later and my face still feels and smells great.

I'm glad I took a chance on this one and am looking forward to trying Trafalgar next.

Gerald

water said:
Anyone have any thoughts on T&H Grafton shave cream? I really like the cologne and am tempted to give the cream a shot.

Just wondering if anyone found it irritating or would like to share thoughts regarding how close the fragrance of the cream is to that of the cologne. If you have used it how was the shave?
Water,
An A+ Shave, nice fragrance layering

Ron, you are killing me with that picture! I am anxious to get my hands on the Grafton cologne but getting it via mail order in Canada is becoming a challenge! I plan to order the shave cream next week.

Designwise, I am glad to hear the Grafton turned out so well. The Trafalgar cream is outstanding! Great scent and fantastic lather. Makes you feel like you are standing next to Lord Nelson onboard the Victory. :smile:

I received samples of the Grafton EDT and Cream from T & H. You could always email Brittney and she will take care of you, however I think you will be happy with the cream. I am surprised there isn't more talk about Grafton as well. 1805 and Trafalgar are mentioned alot (as they should be) but I am really liking the Grafton EDT and the cream as well. It has definitely been added to the wanted list. The other one that doesn't seem to get mentioned is the Sandlewood Cream. I have only used it a couple of times but I am enjoying that as well.

I have received a sample of the Grafton cologne and love it. I e-mailed Brittney asking about a sample of the Grafton shave cream and she said she would mail one. However, I am about to place an order at ME and if I add the Grafton shave cream I can get free shipping, so I think I am going to purchase it sans trial.

I am not a big fan of the 1805 cream. The cologne is okay but the fragrance of the cream does not work for me. Almost too "perfume-y". I shaved last night with a sample I had lying around and was not a big fan of it.

Speaking of 1805, are T&H cooking up any sort of celebratory events to mark their 200th anniversary? Maybe something like offering me their entire range of products (minus the terrible aftershave balm) for free? :smile:

water said:
Ron, you are killing me with that picture! I am anxious to get my hands on the Grafton cologne but getting it via mail order in Canada is becoming a challenge! I plan to order the shave cream next week.

Designwise, I am glad to hear the Grafton turned out so well. The Trafalgar cream is outstanding! Great scent and fantastic lather. Makes you feel like you are standing next to Lord Nelson onboard the Victory. :smile:
:em2300: Damn! Not such a good place to be. Pass the Redoubtable and get shot by some French sharp shooter? Warning shaving with Trafalgar or 1805 on 21 October could mean the END of it all as you know it! Nope, I'll stick with Grafton! (at least on the 21st)

Damn! Not such a good place to be. Pass the Redoubtable and get shot by some French sharp shooter?

Ha! That is why I said standing next to Nelson. That way I could have led the cheers when we took the Redoutable moments later! :biggrin:

I had both Grafton as well as Trafalgar and liked them both quite well, FWIW.
Personally I preferred the Trafalgar just a bit over Grafton, but to each his own. Both gave a great shave. I have since traded them (I have SCAD so bad that I feel I have to try EVERYTHING.....)
John P.

Received a sample of the Grafton cream today (due to my lack of patience I have already ordered a tub). Have not had a chance to shave with it yet, but the scent is beautiful. Amazingly close to the cologne. I will report back once I have given it a whirl.

Shaved with the Grafton sample this morning. It turned out very good. Strangely, it seemed to smell quite a bit like the cologne until I whipped up the lather. It still smelled nice but only faintly similar to the cologne. Anyone else have the same experience?

Regardless, I am happy that I have a jar of this shave cream on the way. Now if only I can find the cologne for a decent price in Canada!

I can recommend the T&H Grafton cream. I enjoy the scent, the lather, the protection, and that it is not drying. Great shave, no irritation for me.

Last edited:
T&H's Grafton, 1805, and Trafalgar are excellent, and wonderful scents. I also like Trumplers GFT, hope I got the letters in the correct order, I like it's scent also.

Whoa! Massive thread bump. Over 7 years old. Good job.

Grafton is my favorite T&H scent BTW.

Ben

Patience indeed on the 7 year bump!

I got a T&H sampler recently, and Grafton is far and away my favorite from the kit. West Indian Lime smelled lovely, but oh the fire on my face when the aftershave hit me. Wow.

Didn't care for any of the other scents.

Top Bottom