What's new

Synthetic Wee Scot?

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Are there any synthetic brushes comparable in size to the Simpson Wee Scot? I would like to try synthetic but I really like the size of the Wee Scot.
Thanks!

This 18mm from Maggard (Timberwolf) is fairly wee, although not Wee Scot wee. Knot: 18mm / Loft: 41mm

Maggard-Razors-Travel-Brush-Sybthetic-19mm_994x994.jpg

In my opinion, synthetic brushes don't really scale down in knot size the same way badger brushes do. I love many synthetic brushes, but the very small ones are certainly not my favorites. If you're planning to try your first synthetic brush, I'd recommend something a bit larger. Maybe something along the lines of a Trafalgar T1, which is a very nice synthetic brush.

The smallest and best I have is the Muhle synthetic (high end) in small size. Same as Edwin Jagger. 19mm

Now tiny brushes.....Omega Mighty Midget mixed (badger/boar) is probably one of the best out there if you small brushes.....a bit of break in and then it's amazing.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
The smallest and best I have is the Muhle synthetic (high end) in small size. Same as Edwin Jagger. 19mm

Now tiny brushes.....Omega Mighty Midget mixed (badger/boar) is probably one of the best out there if you small brushes.....a bit of break in and then it's amazing.
Omega Mighty Midget, I am intrigued

I bought a Frank Shaving 16mm synthetic knot and set it in a small handle. I'm not happy with the knot and the resulting brush. I have several other 16mm brushes using the same handle and all of them are much better. I'm happy with other synthetic brushes. I'm not sure if the problem is just the small size or if the Frank Shaving knot material is lacking.

Top Bottom