Blade: Bolzano (4)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: None - Face Lathered
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
20210806_151146~2.jpg

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Aug 7th 2021

Razor: Gillette Golden Tech- Mfg 1940's, mild range, small window for sweet spot, DFS type of razor IMO.
Blade: Kai SS - excellent blade(10), sharp & smooth excellent longevity, nice blade for mild razors IMO.
Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Artic sky synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, good scrub, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :thumbup: great shave with my Golden tech with a Kai SS blade(tossed).

Brush collage July Aug 7th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Synthetic Summer
Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Feather Professional AC Proguard (6)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: Original Stetson
Fragrance: Original Stetson
20210808_114914~2.jpg

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
This is an old school Whipped Dog 24mm in a black marble handle. I have had this brush for many many years, and pull it down from the shelf sometimes for a change of pace. Is a nice dense brush with somewhat soft tips that was way ahead of its time. It was one of the first really great synths along with the original Plisson. I recently discovered it fits in my travel tube that I use for my Plisson. So the Dog is out traveling with me this week.

8CB6F0DB-094C-44BC-A85B-7E9785678500.jpeg

9E38E474-BB9D-48E8-A183-FDF5E71085A7.jpeg

Ron R

MMMonday, ASRazor shave, Aug 9th 2021

Razor: Everready 1914(AKA LLC) :001_wub: - Mfg 1914-17excellent mid range, great audio feedback, always great results with the 1914.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) great blade, very Sharp with great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild tobacco vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Cola 22mm, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush washed whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my ER 1914(LLC) with a coated Gem Blade.
Brush collage July Aug 9th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Synthetic Summer
Razor: Clix 500 E-Z Flow (Charcoal Goods Brass Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (2)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze
shave 20210809_160934_2.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tuesday's Shave
Synthetic Summer
Razor: Clix 500 E-Z Flow (Charcoal Goods Brass Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (3)
Brush: Kent Infinity Plus
Lather: Tabac (Vegan)
Aftershave: Tabac AS
shave 20210810_193742_2.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Ron R

GEMonday, Aug 16th 2021

Razor: Gem Junior bar, Mfg 1907-11, excellent tame mid range, this is what folks used not to long ago, carefree shave this morning.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock XXX, nice scent, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm red Zebra synthetic
[IMG]
, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + Nivea balm with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem.
Brush collage July Aug 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Synths are all I have used for the past ten years. I could keep listing the same candidates on a regular, boring basis; instead, I'll list them once here:

• (3) H.I.S 25mm synths
  • Stirling 24mm "Kong"
  • PAA 26mm "Atomic Rocket"
  • PAA 24mm "Star Craft"
  • PAA 24mm "Aerolite Amber"
  • PAA 26mm Aerolite Phantom
  • Yaqi 24mm "Barber Pole"
  • Haircut & Shave 24 mm
  • Frank Shave 24mm "5G"

A modest collection, to be sure, and one that cries out to become an even dozen. But for now, the odds are one in eleven that I'll be shaving with one of these brushes on any given day.

(None cost more than $20, save for the H.I.S brushes, which were about $35 each back in 2012. Despite their vintage, they still hold their own with today's synths.)

Any thoughts as to what I should add next?
How would you rate the Frank Shave 24 mm 5G brush as compared to the PAA brushes?

Anything unique or improved over the other brushes?

I have a RazoRock Noir and a RazoRock Plissoft synthetic brush and looking for a good synthetic brush.

Top Bottom