What's new

Synthetic Summer

Stirling 24mm bulb

409FE0F1-6CFB-482F-8017-50CE4B0E9893.jpeg

Today's brush was the Shave Nation synthetic with a 21mm knot. Soap is Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny with scents of west indies bay, black tea, Dark rum and lime. Blade I'm trying out is the Durablade 7 AM plus hi platinum. Razor is the new Gillette KCG

Attachments

• PXL_20210622_025840411~2.jpg
    PXL_20210622_025840411~2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210622_030944168.jpg
    PXL_20210622_030944168.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 5
It’s easy to jump to conclusions. Yes, I’m talking about my early(ier) dismissal of the MWF.

Funny how our relationship with smells can change overtime. Yesterday, I palm lathered a boar I’m breaking in using Mogno. Coming from using the MWF, the Mogno felt powdery. Now I can confidently say that the spectre of my Great Grandmother and her perfume inhabit the Mogno, not the MWF as I previously suspected.

S-SOTD

Simpson Trafalgar T2 - the T3 has been benched for good.

Gillette Brazilian Goodwill. Nuff said.

GSB on its 4th run.

MWF... we tend to jump to conclusions. That’s all I have to say.

F5082F05-63F7-48DB-93DA-72617C03260C.jpeg

PS. Damn, I should have bought that ceramic dish, with the cool MWF logo.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Tue, June 22nd 2021

Razor: Star bar #4 lather catcher(Kampfe brothers, Brooklyn NY)- Mfg 1919-20, excellent daily driver, Tame mid range, one of the best razors I own and enjoy going back in time during the roaring 1920's.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely and very predictable.
Soap: Razorock blue barber, nice scent and excellent lather qualities.(great using a newer Generation synthetic brush IMO)
Brush: Chinese 21mm synthetic, OK lather generator, soft tips, great scrub + OK lather painter. First synthetic brush I owned 4 years ago and the newer generation synthetics have come a long way. Great inexpensive travel brush, mainly what I used it for.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Star bar #4 lather catcher with a coated Gem blade.
Brush collage June 22nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

RazoRock German 37 Slant
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (7)
Chiseled Face 24mm Synthetic
Proraso Sandalwood

20210622.jpg

I was considering changing my 22mm synthetic travel brush to this 24mm, but I think I'll stick with my current setup. It's a decent brush, but nothing special which is part of the reason why it is no longer in my regular rotation. This is why we test.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, June 23rd 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72- Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, well designed & machined Stainless steel razor. This razor seemed to hit all the positive check boxes for a great DE razor IMO. Daily driver for some folks.
Blade: Gillette silver blue (1) :001_wub: favorite DE blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Aquarist 24 mm, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR Lupo .72 with a Gillette silver blue.

DE SOTD, June 23rd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
PAA Starcraft / PAA Organism / Wolfman WR2 1.15 / Perma Sharp Gold / 42 Splash

The Starcraft is a highly underrated brush. The knot is a great size, with good backbone. The handle is awesome, like many of the retra PAA brushes. Looks great, and has excellent weight and balance. An all around excellent synth brush. And the price is right too!

2021-06-23 10.02.38.jpg

Top Bottom