What's new

Synthetic Summer

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have 2 synths, both fairly new. A T3 (big) and H40 Ever-Ready that I put a black and white knot in (small). This will get me using them more, although I will mix in my natural brushes also.
That's the style! No pressure to commit to using synths every single day- just join in when you can.

That's the style! No pressure to commit to using synths every single day- just join in when you can

This seems like fun ! My Simpsons badgers may feel a little left out, and I have a brand new
Rudy Vey Shavemac on the way, but my humble collection of synthetics will be a very happy group !

Left to right, top row ..... Yaqi Tuxedo 26, Yaqi Chianti, RazoRock Plissoft Silvertip.
Left to right, bottom row ..... Simpsons Trafalgar T2, Stirling Tuxedo, Yaqi Sagrada Familia.

6EF6F039-C78F-4D9A-A1CE-C3124CB1AB7C.jpeg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I think that I will commit to an all-synthetic lineup for the month of June, as I wait for the arrival of my Beagle two band. Each day starting next Tuesday, 1 June, I'll only use synthetic brushes either until July 4th or until the Beagles arrive, whichever comes first. Anyone want to join me? We can post SOTD photos or summaries in this thread. You don't need to have bought a Beagle to participate-- all you need is a synthetic brush and a desire to join the fun. You don't even need to use a synth every single day if you don't want to- but when you do, let us know.

It will be good to break some of these brushes out- I haven't used most of them in several years. I think most of my synths are pictured. Some are great, but many I did not like- we'll see if time has changed my perspective on some of them.
So in these photos we have Simpsons, Zeniths, and miscellaneous synthetics. Join in- let's see your lineups! Synthetic Summer!

View attachment 1273430View attachment 1273431View attachment 1273432
Beautiful collection. Question is which one to use today or tomorrow? It’s all fun.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Its kinda too bad synthetics don't break in, like say a boar does, like if you had a new boar, or one that didn't much rotation for whatever reason and at the end if the month you are rewarded with a much more broken in boar. But I shall try this, if anything it'll get me more acquanted with the ins and outs of my synth.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
If I remember I should be around with some Yaqi and Razorock synthetics, most of my collection of brushes are synthetic and enjoy them very much. I just bought some Yaqi badgers and a boar brush recently and have been putting them through the paces. So you will see me once in a while for sure. I should have my Yaqi 22mm cola brush tomorrow and looking to give that a whirl. Spoiled shaver with a lot of brushes now(Some BAD nipped me this year with these great sales).

Went back in memory lane and picked one of my grooming co brushes which I use for traveling. But which are to short for my deep shaving bowls.
so a bit messy loading and face lathering. They splay lousy relative stiff so you end up more painting with the otherwise good lather generating soft bristles.
I should have taken electric sheep and a oneblade core to put me back on that boat in Vietnam or many other locations in Asia…. Even if this is not that brush which was white and shattered on a tile floor in Cambodja. Well there is always tomorrow.

Attachments

• 3C0CBE83-556C-4293-9620-C80A63210A0B.jpeg
    3C0CBE83-556C-4293-9620-C80A63210A0B.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 12
Dropping in a day early!
20210425_075343.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1905 Lather Catcher 24 Blade Set
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Razor2: Merkur 907
Brush: Jayaruh #163 White Queen in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker