What's new

Synthetic Summer

Change of the guard: T2 out, T3 in.

Trafalgar T3
Gillette Brazilian Goodwill
Astra SP (2)
Proraso Red (the scent is just excellent)

258FA2E1-4E18-400A-9940-4C845F4ED9E0.jpeg

I wished Simpson had designed the T2 with a longer knot.

Maybe that’s the Yaqi Everest that @SterFry suggested, but the truth is I love the Trafalgar handle: the color (there, I've said it), the simplicity, the printed logo, the ergonomics.

The T3 will be up and running again, tomorrow, but maybe, the T2 will eventually come out of this Synthetic Summer as the winner between the brothers.

I guess there's an intial phase of denial, where Arko is disguised as another soap.

A second phase follows, where the person is willing to admit that he's been using it every now and then ("I put in a tub from another soap, because the Arko was PIFed to me. I swear I did not buy it, I swear!").

In the third and final phase, the person will finally give in, admit his love for the smell, that he's personal stash will get him through 2097 even if he shaves with it every day, and proudly display the red tub in his SOTD pictures.

All jokes aside, the brush and razor are beautiful!

Last edited:
I guess there's an intial phase of denial, where Arko is disguised as another soap.

A second phase follows, where the person is willing to admit that he's been using it every now and then ("I put in a tub from another soap, because the Arko was PIFed to me. I swear I did not buy it, I swear!").

In the third and final phase, the person will finally give in, admit his love for the smell, that he's personal stash will get him through 2097 even if he shaves with it every day, and proudly display the red tub in his SOTD pictures.

All jokes aside, the brush and razor are beautiful!
I love the Stages!
I know this will just reinforce the dumb Marine stereotype, but I just couldn’t get the hang of the shave stick. Pressing my 2 sticks into this repurposed tub just works for me.

I know this will just reinforce the dumb Marine stereotype, but I just couldn’t get the hang of the shave stick.

Right, right... you guys are able to disassemble and reassemble a machine gun, in the dark, in 12 seconds and you're trying to convince us that you couldn't get the hang of... an Arko shave stick?!?! That's textbook denial: "I swear I didn't buy that soap! Amazon screwed up my order, I swear!!!!"

I like these stereotypes. I'm from the financial sector. Whenever we interview someone, the question "can you handle a stressful situation" will inevitably be asked. Doctors; nurses, firefighters, marines, military personnel, police officers, pilots ("Captain Sully does ring a bell), teachers who handle the kids AND the kid's parents, etc, etc.; but, no, WE - sitting comfortably at our desks, dealing with other people's money - are the ones who keep our cool under stressful situations. Right, right...

• Haha
Reactions: GNR
Fatip Grande Open Comb
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Barrister & Mann Latha Lavanda

20210615.jpg

I've recently decided to sell some brushes, but I can't imagine this being one of them. The bristles feel firm yet soft, and the handle is substantial but comfortable. Yeah, this one stays.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
A.S.Razor shave, Tue, June 15th 2021-(Synthetic-Summer brush, June)

Razor: Gem push-button-MFG 1958-65, excellent razor, tame mid range, one of the nicest looking razors Gem made. Great daily driver for some folks. One of my favorites in the early stages of a new blade usage .
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild vanilla light smoke scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Cashmere knot, use this daily for over 2 years using CeraVe hand bar soap + once in a while like to use it with my shave soap lathering also. Hard brush to beat for daily use, very gentle around the eye area when face washing. This brush gets better with more use for softness. Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nicest gentle scrub + great lather painter. This brush turned me into a Yaqi Fanboy with the 24mm Cashmere knot & Tuxedo knots.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gem push button with a Gem coated blade.
ASR shave Tue, June 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Fatip OC Slant + bull mastiff handle
Feather (4)
Yaqi Purple Haze/Mew Brown synth brush
PAA Ice Cube 2 pre-shave soap as stick
Arko stick
Dickinson's witch hazel with Pereja Limon Kolonya
La Toja splash

I was curious about the color "Mew Brown", to me a mew was a sound that kittens made, how can that be brown? I found there is a bird called the Mew Gull. Aren't gulls a grey and white color? Well, it seems the Mew Gull is brown and white in its first cycle of feathers.

1623776187022.png
1623776433888.png
yaqi-ph-1.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Today I am breaking out my Leo Frilot Custom 26mm Timberwolf Eagle Scout brush. When my son earned his Eagle Scout, I had Leo make me a matching pair of these brushes in red, white and blue resin, and a Boy Scout coin in the base. They came out even better than I hoped. So much backbone, and great face lathering. My son has the other one.

BD557836-78FA-4CC1-8BEF-19BDB953059B.jpeg

Today I am breaking out my Leo Frilot Custom 26mm Timberwolf Eagle Scout brush. When my son earned his Eagle Scout, I had Leo make me a matching pair of these brushes in red, white and blue resin, and a Boy Scout coin in the base. They came out even better than I hoped. So much backbone, and great face lathering. My son has the other one.

View attachment 1282417
Congratulations to your Son for earning his Eagle Badge. A huge accomplishment! How cool, you and your son have the same brush to commemorate a significant accomplishment. I hope you both enjoy your brushes for years to come and the bring a huge smile when used thinking back about the journey and work it required.

Top Bottom