Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Trafalgar T3

6812C98A-FD3D-4B86-972D-51D885F91B63.jpeg
P

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, June 12th 2021

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E2- Mfg 1959 2qtr, great historical razor, good weight and built to last. Good shave as usual.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon (2) smooth & sharp with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Proraso green eucalyptus, mid range menthol eucalyptus scent, great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Cashmere knot, new brush, soft feel, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(setting7) + ATG (setting 8)+ pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green lotion with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS, DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy with a Gillette Wilkinson coated blade.
Brush collage June 12th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

DE SOTD, Sat, June 12th 2021

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E2- Mfg 1959 2qtr, great historical razor, good weight and built to last. Good shave as usual.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon (2) smooth & sharp with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Proraso green eucalyptus, mid range menthol eucalyptus scent, great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Cashmere knot, new brush, soft feel, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(setting7) + ATG (setting 8)+ pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green lotion with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS, DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy with a Gillette Wilkinson coated blade.
View attachment 1280638

Have some great shaves!

That handle looks very comfortable. Great color!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
That handle looks very comfortable. Great color!
Thanks, the handle feels great and it is my 2nd 24mm Cashmere knot. I use the other Yaqi Cashmere black marble handle for the last 2 years daily for brush washing whole face and have used this one for doing that also just recently. excellent brush for washing around the eye area when allergies arise and heavy smoke from the summer forest fires that can linger for days up in Northern Alberta.

Still the Trafalgar T2

However, since my first puck of MWF arrived yesterday, I was forced to bench the Proraso Red and give MWF a try. For consistency’s sake, I decided to keep yesterday’s DE89, instead of going back to the good old Goodwill.

Simpson Trafalgar T2
MWF
Edwin Jagger DE89
Astra SP (5th shave)

8B8755E5-2CC9-4316-95E9-E3580DA067D7.jpeg

Razor: Gillette 1909 ABC Pocket Edition #501, Silver
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Noir et Vanille
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210611_085751.jpg

Sunday Schick Shave, June 6th 2021

Razor: Schick injector i2 with hydro magic- Mfg 1954-57 milder mid range, nice shaves, easy to maneuver the face, light weight & good results.
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice calming citrus scent, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock 24mm noir 400 synthetic, 3rd synthetic I ever owned 3 years ago, soft tips, great scrubber for those who like some backbone, great painter. For the time I bought this one it was popular brush & now it is seldom seen. Times change!
Pre shave: Brush(dedicated Yaqi Cashmere synthetic) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici(mild red grapefruit scent) with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my i2 injector with a Personna coated blade.
View attachment 1277574
Have some great shaves!
I love the 400. I have the aluminum and the black and never use any other brush.

Top Bottom