What's new

Synthetic size for face, or at times, bowl lathering?

Synthetic size for face, or at times, bowl lathering?

Votes: 2 11.1%

Votes: 12 66.7%

Votes: 7 38.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Hello!

I want to place an order for a custom brush on APShave Co, but I don't know which size should I get, so I want to know what are the B&B user tastes on this regard.

Thanks in advance to everyone who give their opinion through comments or votes.

I have an AP Shave Co synthetic 26mm knot and it works great for face lathering. It's the silk smoke knot and it will hold a lot of lather.

I have an AP Shave Co synthetic 26mm knot and it works great for face lathering. It's the silk smoke knot and it will hold a lot of lather.

I've in mind going for 2 knots, and that's one of them...Just don't know if I should go for bulb or fan.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I only have 3 of 26mm Yaqi synthetic brushes and the rest are 24mm knots. 26mm knots gives a nice luxury face feel and the 24mm are perfect for general use and great face feel and not lather hogs if that is a concern.

I've in mind going for 2 knots, and that's one of them...Just don't know if I should go for bulb or fan.
I wish I could help you decide on bulb or fan but all my brushes are bulb knots. Fan will be my next purchase since I would like to compare the two

I'm a face-lathering, badger guy, but I do occasionally enjoy my 24mm RR synthetic. If this had been the first of my 25 brushes, over the past 12+ years, I might have saved money. Some early synthetics were like lathering with a porcupine.

I prefer 26mm for synthetics but 24mm also allows a three and a half pass shave plus touch-ups with no loss of lather quality. The 26mm brushes obviously hold more lather and that feels nicer right at the end.

Top Bottom