What's new

Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around

I imagine it’s going to be difficult getting participants to a brush pass around these days. I’ve done this particular pass around and I must say, it’s very good! I would encourage anyone interested to try it out.
I agree on both counts. It might be time to shut the box down for a while but I'll leave that to @mightyeskimo

Good morning gentlemen! I hope you and your loved ones are healthy and happy!

What are everyone's thoughts on getting this going again? What's your comfort level? Do you have Covid concerns?

Me too, very new and I was lately thinking of getting a new brush. This would help me decide what to buy, seeing as it’s so subjective to everyone’s different taste in firmness, size, whether it’s synth... etc

I believe the newcomer needs to take a closer look at Synthetic Fibres,They look especially beautiful in titanium handles, there are several options on ebay.

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed pass around back in it was 2018-ish.
I'd be interested in it again if there was the newer brushes added like g4, g5 and I'm sure plenty more have been out

Wow, what a reminder. I sent a brush but can't remember if I did the passaround. I've been rocking a beard for 16 months now. Don't need many brushes for just cleaning up the cheekbones. :)
My winter beard has reached an impressive state!

I'm looking forward to the first Spring shave which usually happens when it gets warm enough to sweat under the beard lol.

Maybe it's time to start this pass around again. 🤔

Attachments

• 1647800614365728188949022083128.jpg
    1647800614365728188949022083128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
My winter beard has reached an impressive state!

I'm looking forward to the first Spring shave which usually happens when it gets warm enough to sweat under the beard lol.

Maybe it's time to start this pass around again. 🤔
Hey friend, you might be close to that shave.
It's nice temps in MO today and the yard grass is greener too.

So, I'd be willing to donate a Maggard Tuxedo. I bought mine in a 24 (no you're not getting it).
I had a 18mm pure badger and it was work. It never delivered good lather. The tuxedo blows it's socks off, and it's pretty cheap and it dries fast. Those made it perfect as a travel brush, which is what I bought it for. The badger is retired.
So, the questions are:
What size? Since it's being bought new, it's available in a lot of sizes
Where do I send it?
I'm willing to spend a couple bucks to see if synth is worth it or it's just me..
I'd even be willing to say that after 5 passes, if a person want's to claim the brush I'm good with that. They do have to post that they're adopting it preferably with a short post about why

Well, in research, it's done to avoid even the possibility that the results may have been tainted.
There are blogs that accept items in exchange for a review. It's possible they may feel obliged to say something nice about it, otherwise the next company may think twice.
So, easiest way to avoid that quagmire is to go around the swamp.

I'm a long-time DE shaver but a new member to B & B. I just stumbled across this thread (or is this a forum?), and I must say how cool it is that this exists! A bunch of guys who've never met but who are united by an interest in OG shaving, take it upon themselves to connect to and help each other enhance their shaving experience. Neat.

Sorry if this is too gushy, but I think you guys have restored my faith in humanity.

Sully

I am interested if the pass around restarts. I would also be willing to purchase one of the brushes if we need to or want to add brushes to the effort!

Top Bottom