What's new

Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around

Sorry guys, had a lot going on. I'll try to get some thoughts posted soon. Used a lot of the brushes and enjoyed most of them. Only two were really not my cup of tea. I'll get them shampooed when I get back home from my trip in few days and and dry them out.
If the next person on the list will send me their address I'll let them know when I get them shipped.

Sent PM to spolct to get his address.

I will probably buy a Kong, Plissoft, Plisson, or Jagger silvertip for myself eventually. I'll try to post more about my experiences soon. Thanks again for letting me participate!
Looks like some of the less expensive brushes were real winners.

IMG_20191207_133129.jpg

So, my favorites from the box were probably the
Crown King Checkmate
Kong
Plissoft
Plisson
Jagger silvertip
Hunter

They had enough backbone without it keeping them from splaying if I wanted to use them that way. Knots were soft without being floppy. Plisson was one of the softest brushes in the box too me. I tried finding a Checkmate for sale, but unfortunately they are no long available. I'll probably be ordering a Razorock Plissoft, but I'm going to do some shopping.

Didn't care for the solid black Purest Bristle, clear handle Omega, or the Muhle Silvertip. They were okay for painting strokes, but felt too rough if you wanted to splay them any. My primary brush is an Atomic Rocket and I like it, but the Green Ray knot seemed too floppy. Glad I didn't order one of those before.

I didn't know which brushes were the most expensive when I started, so it was nice learning that some of my favorites were not expensive. I may have to get myself an extra one for Christmas.

My primary brush is an Atomic Rocket and I like it, but the Green Ray knot seemed too floppy. Glad I didn't order one of those before.
I'm the one who sent in the Green Ray and I also thought it was too floppy for my taste. The quality and feel of the synthetic fiber did impress me enough to cause me to acquire three more synthetics to find the back bone that I was after. I ended up with an Omega S-Brush, A Stirling Tuxedo, and a Timberwolf with a shortened loft.

It probably doesn't need to be pointed out to most that finding brushes that you don't like in a pass around has a certain value too, as it can save a wasted purchase.

I'm the one who sent in the Green Ray and I also thought it was too floppy for my taste. The quality and feel of the synthetic fiber did impress me enough to cause me to acquire three more synthetics to find the back bone that I was after. I ended up with an Omega S-Brush, A Stirling Tuxedo, and a Timberwolf with a shortened loft.

It probably doesn't need to be pointed out to most that finding brushes that you don't like in a pass around has a certain value too, as it can save a wasted purchase.
Definitely. Some brushes I hadn't really considered were great and a couple I was interested in were definitely not for me. So, thanks for adding that to the box!

Ok, so am I crazy? Started DE shaving about 7 months ago, used both badger and boars (yes, I broke them in) and after I started using synthetics a month ago, I really like them a lot more. It's like night and day. Mine is not an opinion based on ethical stuff, but just feel. It seems like I'm cheating or something.

PK was the next (and only) one on the list. He hasn't replied to messages. I haven't touched any of these brushes in over a month. This box is ready to send out. If you fit the criteria and want to try a bunch of synthetics you could have a pretty sweet mail call pretty quickly.

I imagine it’s going to be difficult getting participants to a brush pass around these days. I’ve done this particular pass around and I must say, it’s very good! I would encourage anyone interested to try it out.

Top Bottom