What's new

Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around

Hey guys I have used a bunch a brushes so far but I’m going to start off with the whipped dog review. I just want to premise my reviews by saying I have not , nor will I look up any prices on brushes just to be fair and judge the brush in its true value at craftsmanship rather that price , with that said ..... . I immediately fell in love with this brush . It had a great feel to it , perfect size as well!! First thing noticed was how nice the brush felt in my hand . It immediately made a wonderful lather with ease . It didn’t take much pressure or water to get a good lather with this brush. The tips are very soft yet have a nice scratchy feel to them on your face to get good exfoliation while lathering. Nice backbone as well on this brush which gave it a great feel on the face . I would rate this brush 8/10 and would 100% put this brush in my arsenal of brushes.

0426BCC1-F1ED-4A91-8CA4-55B51CC29FE4.jpeg

Last edited:
The next brush I was able to try out was satin tip by the purist . This brush really kept a lot of heat which would very enjoyable throughout the shave !! The brush had very soft tips on it but it wasnt as scritchy of a brush as I expected yet more of a gelly tip brush, which was nice on the face . I did have to work a little harder to get a good lather with this brush but once I got it , it was wonderful. I did have a wonderful lather with this brush and don’t have to many complaints here since the lather came with ease . I don’t think I would add this brush to my collection but it was nice to shave with and I think a great beginner brush . I would rate this brush 7/10 overall

DA01830D-0565-47B3-AD8B-6E13E0E5599B.jpeg

My next brush was the body shop wood brush . I must say this was a total disappointment ! The brush didn’t hold much heat at all. I had to really work hard to add water and keep my lather happy but at the end of the day I got a very very bad lather that I couldn’t even use ! To be fair , I tried to use the brush twice with the same results and the second lather was just way to watery and wouldn’t foam up for me at all ! The tips did feel somewhat nice and I did believe it would redeem the brush however it was just an overall disaster for me . I would rate this brush a 3/10 .

96A4E67E-D2F1-44E3-B302-AB2F2D8CA587.jpeg

The next brush was the omega S-brush. What can I say? It’s an omega ! The brush performed very well and particularly had very strong tips on it but with a nice soft finish . I got a really nice scrub from this brush and it lathered very quickly and very well for me . Pretty straight forward brush here from omega and I would recommend it to anyone . I don’t love the shape of this brush particularly but that doesn't make it a bad brush . I would give the brush a 7/10.
029827BD-CD58-4621-A3A0-ED28B57E78DF.jpeg

The next brush to review is the zenith TS 505AK, I really have a lot of good things to say about this brush ! Held great heat throughout the shave . It also had a very nice backbone with super soft gelly tips that where super pleasant on the face when applying the lather . It made the lather with ease to a perfect consistency. Great shape and size to this brush and was a pleasure to use . I would give this brush a 8/10 for sure !!! This is another brush I would love to own .
9BD6FA1D-89BC-42A1-8D0B-EDFF393ED127.jpeg

@Psusocr - awesome start on your reviews and super straights! I don't use straight razors, only DE but maybe one day.
I had a feeling you would like the Whipped Dog - true, it's very soft on the face and generates nice lather.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

This review is for the crown king checkmate and I must say this brush really blew me away! What a great lather!! This really filled my scuttle you with a nice thick lather with very little effort . The brush held great water with little effort and really built the lather quickly !! As far as the brush itself it was the perfect amount of backbone with super soft tips on the face , I built a nice lather on my face with the tips and they had a very nice feel which was on the softer side . I loved the size and feel of this brush . I have to give this brush 8/10 the only reason it isn’t a 9 is because it didn’t really hold any warmth from my scuttle but other than that this brush is a keeper for sure !!
2B89DDD3-CEB3-43B8-9A93-51EC040EE3CF.jpeg

Next review will be the Edwin jagger. I must say I am very Partial towards this brush since I have one similar . This brush is amazing ! It holds ample heat in your scuttle , and throughout the shave. the tips are very soft yet give you a great scratchy lather that is very soft and jelly like . If you like a soft brush this is for you . Great handle and builds a superb, rich lather one of my favorite brushes so far and I would gladly give it a 10/10.
C43F713F-E6C5-4D10-90F7-7EEA7020B06B.jpeg

Next brush around was the stirling soap company . I loved the size and handle of this brush , it’s a bit larger with a great grip on it to get really deep Into a scuttle . This brush was very very soft to the touch and on the face , it painted the face very nicely and really felt great with its gelly like tips . No complaints about this brush at all except that it didn’t hold much heat at all , this shocked me since it had a rather large size to it . I would 100% own this brush and would give it a 9/10 with the thick lather it built . Very little water was needed to get a great thick lather with this brush !!!!
BE226979-22BD-4248-9D7A-E389D0ADE802.jpeg

Hey guys I have used a bunch a brushes so far but I’m going to start off with the whipped dog review . I immediately fell in love with this brush . It had a great feel to it , perfect size as well!! First thing noticed was how nice the brush felt in my hand . It immediately made a wonderful lather with ease . It didn’t take much pressure or water to get a good lather with this brush. The tips are very soft yet have a nice scratchy feel to them on your face to get good exfoliation while lathering. Nice backbone as well on this brush which gave it a great feel on the face . I would rate this brush 8/10 and would 100% put this brush in my arsenal of brushes.

View attachment 1023098
Great reviews! This Whipped Dog in butterscotch is going to have to go on my wishlist. Looks great and the general consensus seems to be very positive.

Muhle silvertip V1 , hands down the best lather I’ve had so far . Very rich and creamy with ease!!! I would have easily given this brush a 10 but for some reason it just didn’t hold enough heat . So I’ll give it a solid 9.5/10 because it was that good. Very exfoliating and felt nice and stiff on the face . Not very jelly or soft tips at all , more of a scratchier brush but not harsh . This was a huge winner in my opinion !!!
66CD9D21-C0EA-45E8-9261-110FF011C1C8.jpeg

Muhle silvertip V1 , hands down the best lather I’ve had so far . Very rich and creamy with ease!!! I would have easily given this brush a 10 but for some reason it just didn’t hold enough heat . So I’ll give it a solid 9.5/10 because it was that good. Very exfoliating and felt nice and stiff on the face . Not very jelly or soft tips at all , more of a scratchier brush but not harsh . This was a huge winner in my opinion !!!View attachment 1025403

I have a Muhle synth and it's a little beast!

Ok guys I have my last 4 reviews to put up but who gets the box next? It’s time for someone else to enjoy the awesome journey !!!!

Here's the current list -
1. SilentTuba - Nutley, NJ
2. dctravis - Carpentersville, IL
3. Daikon - Fort Myers, FL
4. MyOldKentuckyHome - Mechanicsville, VA
5. Tim Meneely - Pittsburgh, PA
6. suhrim21 - Bakersfield, CA
7. sharktown - Allentown, NJ
8. Psusocr - Scranton, PA
9. joshua223 - Suwanee, GA
10. spolct - Aubrey, TX
11. Clay S - Grapevine, TX

So, I believe @Joshua223 would be next on the list. Unless this list is not current. I went back only far enough to copy the list from @mightyeskimo
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's the current list -
1. SilentTuba - Nutley, NJ
2. dctravis - Carpentersville, IL
3. Daikon - Fort Myers, FL
4. MyOldKentuckyHome - Mechanicsville, VA
5. Tim Meneely - Pittsburgh, PA
6. suhrim21 - Bakersfield, CA
7. sharktown - Allentown, NJ
8. Psusocr - Scranton, PA
9. joshua223 - Suwanee, GA
10. spolct - Aubrey, TX
11. Clay S - Grapevine, TX

So, I believe @Joshua223 would be next on the list. Unless this list is not current. I went back only far enough to copy the list from @mightyeskimo
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that is correct. Give him a shout please.

Got the brushes. Looking forward to trying them out. Washed my hands and took a few out since I haven't gotten to compare brushes like this before.
Looks like some labels came loose so I'll try and get some packaging tape that will stay on better.
Thanks!

Top Bottom