What's new

Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around

I will be using the Muhle Silvertip only for tomorrow as I believe I've had the box going on three weeks now and need to get it to the next in line.

This has been an awesome experience - I will recap next week with my Top Five and Honorable Mention.
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Used the Muhle Silvertip this morning and to be honest I was disappointed.
The tips are not soft nor does the bristles splay much. It reminds me very much like my Omega boar brush.
The Muhle has backbone and "scritch" to it, I was looking forward to soft tips but it was not to be in my opinion.
It is a surperb lather maker and does hold some water it you need it to. Does not paint the lather well in my one time experience as the knot just flattens out and you end up pulling off some lather.
For me it was the least soft and stiff brush of all that I tried. If Muhle looked to emulate a boar knot I believe they have succeed with this brush.
I would not purchase one of these brushes which is disappointing with the good reviews I've read and the excellent reputation that Muhle has.
Especially since the retail price of the brush from checking some online vendors can run to over $100 USD!
As always YMMV.
proxy.php

Well I hope I didn't bore everyone with my brush reviews. I just wanted to get my thoughts down with each brush I used.

So, I was able to use 13 brushes and actually liked them all with the exception of the Muhle Silvertip which was disappointing.
This was a great experience and I know there is a synthetic brush in the near future for me.
They are excellent performers, have very soft tips, a nice variety in knot density and various degrees of backbone - all good things I experienced.

Top Five:
1. Whipped Dog - actually the first brush I tried
2. AP Shave Co. w/Synbad knot
3. Edwin Jagger Silvertip
4. Maggard's Black & White
5. Zenith TS 505AK

Honorable Mention:
1. Sterling Kong
2. Phoenix Green Ray

I have really enjoyed the time using these synthetic brushes as I may never have picked one up if I didn't try one first. It made me a believer.
Thank you to @Mighty Eskimo for organizing this synthetic brush pass around.
I appreciate the opportunity to use these brushes even for the short time I had them.
They are all back in the box except the Muhle as it's drying.
I will PM the next in line and hope to get the box out next week.
proxy.php

Incredible reviews @sharktown! Thank you for contributing so much to our community!
Hey no problem, I truly enjoyed it. Opened my eyes to another piece of kit I wouldn't otherwise have tried.
I appreciate the opportunity to sample the synthetic brushes - they were on a whole awesome!

Box is on the way to @Psusocr!

Thanks so much for the opportunity to participate in this brush pass around, it was an awesome experience.
proxy.php

@psuscor - you should receive the box sometime tomorrow.
Let me know when you get it.
Enjoy them, I know I did!
proxy.php

Received!!! I will be throwing up my first 5 reviews tomorrow , sorry I’ve been sick the last three days so I’ve been taking it a bit easy which is why I haven’t posted them just yet with my pics .

Received!!! I will be throwing up my first 5 reviews tomorrow , sorry I’ve been sick the last three days so I’ve been taking it a bit easy which is why I haven’t posted them just yet with my pics .
Awesome and enjoy them, I sure did!

Top Bottom