What's new

Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around

All packed and labeled! Plan to ship to @sharktown tomorrow.

Tim
20190818_171434-622x268.jpg
proxy.php

I received the box in the mail today! Will begin tomorrow morning with the first brush - Wipped Dog w/ butterscotch handle.
There are brushes that have no label so I will take photos when I can and post them here to help with identification if that's ok.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

First use of the Wipped Dog brush this morning. Very nice lather maker. Laid down a nice smooth layer of lather!
Not used to synthetic brush so it took me a little bit to whip some nice lather.
I will use each brush for two days and may not get to them all so I can get the box to the next in line.
proxy.php

Just loved the Whipped Dog brush. The large knot size is not what I'm used to but I enjoyed it!
Up tomorrow morning will be Phoenix Shaving "The Green Ray" and looking forward to it.
proxy.php

Using the "Green Ray" this morning was wonderful. It is a super soft brush and I was a little concerned as it didn't seem to have much backbone to it.
Well it has an awesome splay on the face and puts the lather where you want. It also paints superb - I was surprised as its so soft. Feels great on the skin.
proxy.php

Ok, shave two with the Phoenix Shaving "Green Ray" this morning and another nice shave.
Lathering was nice with an awesome splay and a super soft feel on the skin. All in all a very nice brush. Not a lot of backbone but the feel is so soft!
Up tomorrow will be the Crown King Checkmate - looks interesting.
proxy.php

@mightyeskimo - thanks, the shear number of brushes is a little overwhelming.

Used the Crown King Checkmate this morning and it was in my opinion different than the previous two but not in a bad way.
The splay was less than the Green Ray and it seemed to not hold as much lather as the Whipped Dog but was soft on the face non the less.
The brush whipped up lather fairly quickly and laid on the skin in good fashion. It painted good but the Green Ray was stellar in that regard.
Will use the same brush tomorrow for day two then on to another.
proxy.php

Used the Crown King Checkmate for the second time this morning and again a different experience but all good. The brush seemed to hold a bit more lather than yesterday and painted better too. I don't know maybe I'm getting the swing of using a synthetic?
The brush has some heft to it which is nice in the hand, overall a good performer.
I'm enjoying using different brushes that I would not have had the use of otherwise! Will decide on the next one later tonight.

Ok, next up for tomorrow morning is Maggard's Black & White.
It's a little smaller knot than the previous three and looking forward to a nice lather maker as I've read good things about these brushes.
proxy.php

I hope the Maggards performs well. They're one of my favorite vendors because they're in my home state of Michigan. I'm kind of biased. LOL

Well, used the Maggard's Black & White this morning and was pleasantly surprised it's a good lather maker.
Seemed to whip up lather in seconds - maybe I'm getting the hang of these brushes [emoji16]
Good at painting the lather where I wanted and is not a lather hog. Very nice shave this morning.
Round two with the this brush tomorrow!
proxy.php

Second time for the Maggard's Black & White this morning and in my opinion it's a good lather maker. Not too small or too big of a knot at 22mm.
I believe this brush is a good performer and would be fine as an every day driver.
So far I'm really enjoying these synthetic brushes!
proxy.php

Next brush up for tomorrow morning is the Zenith TS 505AK.
Feels nice in the hand and looks interesting.
proxy.php

The Zenith brush has a bit shorter loft than the previous brushes I tried and seems to give it a little more backbone.
Took me a bit longer to whip up lather for some reason - don't know it was me or the brush! But it's good at applying lather where you want it.
It's a soft brush and might not be as soft as others but it felt good on the skin.
Round two tomorrow with this brush!
proxy.php

Top Bottom