What's new

Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around

Thanks, and thank you fine sir for this opportunity to use these brushes, it saves most of us time, money and grief. I know it's been a short cut of brush hunting for me.

I tried the little 22 mm maggard's black and white this morning. This was a good little brush to use. In my opinion is not quite as soft as others on the tips and it has some backbone for it's size 22mm, not uncomfortable though, to me. I had no problem bowl lathering, and it held onto lather good I thought. It seemed to splay well with some pushing, did a great job of painting. I'm not sure which one I will try next, maybe a slightly bigger brush.

I used the maggard black and white 22mm, and I find it has a bit of backbone not alot. Soft tips but not the softest.

Then was the boss knot, it spayed nice without poking, and I think it's a lower loft set in.thos one was not as soft of tips as others, middle of the road, to me, but still very usable and smooth.

Then was the boss knot, it spayed nice without poking, and I think it's a lower loft set in.thos one was not as soft of tips as others, middle of the road, to me, but still very usable and smooth.
Great reviews, @Keto!! I didn't try the boss knot; what size is it?

Today I used the synbad 24mm, but I actually just bought one with the emerald green handle and used it. The synbad in the box is a red one. The tips are very soft and splay is relatively easy without much pushing on it. To me, this 24mm Synbad (Apshaveco) isn't as dense as other. I feel it takes a bit more work mixing in a bowl especially after the Kong experience. Very soft painting on the face though.

Today I used the synbad 24mm, but I actually just bought one with the emerald green handle and used it. The synbad in the box is a red one. The tips are very soft and splay is relatively easy without much pushing on it. To me, this 24mm Synbad (Apshaveco) isn't as dense as other. I feel it takes a bit more work mixing in a bowl especially after the Kong experience. Very soft painting on the face though.
Aren't both brushes from APShaveCo? They should be the same density but maybe the loft is different from one to the other and that will change the "look" of the density... I've had 2 of the SynBad knots so far and both were identical. One was set by them in the Blue Lagoon handle and the other I set in a custom handle.

Aren't both brushes from APShaveCo? They should be the same density but maybe the loft is different from one to the other and that will change the "look" of the density... I've had 2 of the SynBad knots so far and both were identical. One was set by them in the Blue Lagoon handle and the other I set in a custom handle.
That was probably supposed to say dense as the other brushes. Yes the red and the green one are the same that's correct. I guess I was comparing Synbad to others in the box I've used. Maybe that's clearer.

Edwin Jagger Silvertip Horn, was a little firmi, t seemed to me like . It was soft but not as soft as some of the others.
Really any of these brushes are usable and nice brushes, that could be used everyday.
I'm not sure which one I will use tonight, as i'm needing a two-day shave.
I should be able to pass these on this weekend, so whoever'is next p.m. me your address. I'll look at the list a little bit later too.

Top Bottom