What's new

Synthetic Recommendations

So I discovered early on that the badger seems to irritate my face. I got a Body Shop brush and have been using it since.

Now looking to upgrade. I've read very good things about the Jack Black brush. Any other recommendations? Up to $100 is acceptable.

Thanks

So I discovered early on that the badger seems to irritate my face. I got a Body Shop brush and have been using it since.

Now looking to upgrade. I've read very good things about the Jack Black brush. Any other recommendations? Up to $100 is acceptable.

Thanks

I'm a bit tied up, but search the forums here for a review - the Edwin Jagger synthetics (the new ones) are well-liked and well within budget. I'd start here (I linked horn, but it's available in other colors).

http://www.theenglishshavingcompany...fill shaving brushes@bEdwin Jagger|0|user||7|

I purchased this brush from Shoeboxshaving.com about a month ago, and haven't used any of my (many) other brushes since.

proxy.php

http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/omega-643167--top-of-the-line-syntex-shave643167.html

I have the Body Shop brush, it's not bad but but this one's better, at least for me. It works great on soaps and creams. Not bad for $25.

Larry

I just bought the Muhle No 31 at 26 euro's.
Used it only twice, but I think it is a good brush.

proxy.php

At 23 mm (which is what I would suggest) it is 33 euro's, so I guess below 50 USD.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
TGN has also some very nice synthetic knots. I have not used them yet, but will soon. I think there are some guys here that used this knot, and I think I remember they liked it.

TGN has also some very nice synthetic knots. I have not used them yet, but will soon. I think there are some guys here that used this knot, and I think I remember they liked it.

I have one of these in hand, and a handle I was going to put it into. Didn't like the combo, so I'm still on the lookout. The knot, however, is excellent - feels nice and soft, but with a good springiness.

I have a TGN synthetic in a cocobola handle. My first impression was that it was very soft, and much better with creams than soaps. After using it for a while, and enjoying its soft, supple, yet springy character I gave it another shot with Tabac. I found that it works very well for face lathering with soap, but not so well in the bowl.

I used to think that my pure badger was soft, and now I find it a bit scratchy. I haven't used it in at least a couple of months, and I don't know if I will again. The TGN synthetic is an excellent knot. It took a little bit of a learning curve to get my soap lather up to par with my pure badger, but it's no looking back at this point.

Top Bottom