What's new

Synthetic Brush pics needed

I'm trying to compare the sizes of several synthetic brushes.

Anyone have any pics of the Maggards 26, RR beehive, RR Bruce, RR Big Bruce, and RR synthetic silver tip next to each other ?

I'm trying to compare the sizes of several synthetic brushes.

Anyone have any pics of the Maggards 26, RR beehive, RR Bruce, RR Big Bruce, and RR synthetic silver tip next to each other ?
I only have the first two that you mentioned. The Maggard 26mm Granite and the RR 28mm Beehive. The big red one, RR F-400 XXL 34mm beat up the RR Bruce Brothers and the synthetic silvertip and took their lunch money.....

From left: Maggard 26mm, RR 28mm Beehive and the RR F-400 XXL 34mm.
IMG_0898.JPG

I only have the first two that you mentioned. The Maggard 26mm Granite and the RR 28mm Beehive. The big red one, RR F-400 XXL 34mm beat up the RR Bruce Brothers and the synthetic silvertip and took their lunch money.....

From left: Maggard 26mm, RR 28mm Beehive and the RR F-400 XXL 34mm.
View attachment 803494

I have the beehive and have used it once. My favorite synthetic brush. I have the maggards 26mm too. Have you used the F400 yet or the razorock beehive? can you compare the two?

I have the beehive and have used it once. My favorite synthetic brush. I have the maggards 26mm too. Have you used the F400 yet or the razorock beehive? can you compare the two?
I used the F-400 last night. What a monster, but yet very comfy to hold. I load my brushes very heavily, 30-40 seconds without hesitation. This brush had enough soap to do 3 shaves, 3 passes each. Excellent backbone and very soft feel on the face with the right amount of loft, it splayed very nicely. It does have a little more springy feeling to it than I would like, but then again, this thing is massive. I liked it. The Beehive goes tonight.....

I used the F-400 last night. What a monster, but yet very comfy to hold. I load my brushes very heavily, 30-40 seconds without hesitation. This brush had enough soap to do 3 shaves, 3 passes each. Excellent backbone and very soft feel on the face with the right amount of loft, it splayed very nicely. It does have a little more springy feeling to it than I would like, but then again, this thing is massive. I liked it. The Beehive goes tonight.....
thanks for the reply back. Good to know. let us know how the beehive works out for you. I am interested in how it compares with the F400.

I have all those but the Bruce and behave.

I have 24mm plissoft, monster, hulk, big Bruce, silver tip

Maggard's purple 24, 26
Both satin tips, 25mm blackwolf, 30mm tuxedo, omega synth, and stirling 22mm

I can try to get pictures this weekend but have to find a new image hosting site

I can try to get pictures this weekend but have to find a new image hosting site
Maybe you've answered this some place else and I've missed it, but is there a reason why you don't just load pix into your posts? You can drag and drop them into the posting window.

I use an iPad. So sadly that's not possible.
It's not obvious, but it is possible.

You can upload pictures from an iPad to your "media" files/albums and then add the picture to a post from your media files/albums.

To upload to your media, click on the Menu in the upper right hand corner of the page, scroll down to "Add Media," and then follow the prompts. Once the photo has been uploaded to your media, click on the camera icon in the "Post Reply" window (i.e., where you type) and add the photo.

thanks for the reply back. Good to know. let us know how the beehive works out for you. I am interested in how it compares with the F400.
I've used the RR Beehive for 2 straight shaves and it has performed really well. Just as good as my Maggard 26mm Granite. Splays very well and with a good loading of the brush, 3 pass and then some easily. It's a good size, practically as easy to hold as the Maggard and believe it or not the F-400 is also comfortable to hold. It's just a massive brush. They both have soft tips and nice backbone for working into hard soaps, croaps and creams. Just make sure the container or bowl is big enough for the F-400.
Otherwise, I like the Beehive very much. Holds water well, does not fling any soap when your face lathering, and is very, veey soft on the face. Best $14.99 I've ever spent.....

Please stop posting pictures of brushes.......
Razorock Big Bruce and the F-400 XXL are now on the way!
Another rabbit hole just opened.

Cheers
John

Top Bottom