What's new

Synth. brushes with a non-slip grip?

Are there any synthetic brushes with a non-slip handle? My AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo with the faux marble handle has become my regular brush. But more than once recently I've found my fingers slipping when I picked it back up to re-lather, and wound up dropping it on the floor. Which is filthy, and the brush required a rinse and re-charging with lather. Are there any synth brushes available with a non-slip grip -- a rougher wood, like that of my EJ badger brush, or some kind of texture to avoid slippage?

The Mühle Classic STF v2 in olive wood has just enought grip to be non-slip when covered in lather to me. The other model I was looking into the Vie-Long Wave 21mm synth that has a black textured handle that might be good.

In general if you take a wooden grip and remove the lacquer and just oil the wood regularly it should be non slip.
Alternative if you have a brush... and do not care about looks....
Go to a paint shop and ask non slip deck paint for sailing boats.
Or use plasti dip
Or if you like fly fishing an have the diy stuf give your brush a thin cord wrap.
Last but not least there are brushes with more texture uomo, riva
Or the razorock r400 Alluminium based versions

. . .
Last but not least there are brushes with more texture uomo, riva
Or the razorock r400 Alluminium based versions
The Razorock 400 Aluminum handle looks good. The Rivas have a nice handle texture, like a rusticated pipe, but at over 150 euros? I don't think so. The DA Vinci Uomos are almost as pricey. Maybe wrapping a rubber band around mine would be a solution. . . .

There are some handmade ones on Etsy with "morta" or bog oak handles that are textured like an ancient oak tree. But not inexpensive either.

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Rub your fingers with alum beforehand - works for the brush, the razor, for face stretching ..

The Razorock 400 Aluminum handle looks good. The Rivas have a nice handle texture, like a rusticated pipe, but at over 150 euros? I don't think so. The DA Vinci Uomos are almost as pricey. Maybe wrapping a rubber band around mine would be a solution. . . .

There are some handmade ones on Etsy with "morta" or bog oak handles that are textured like an ancient oak tree. But not inexpensive either.
Some are ludicrous
There is also some linnen electric tape you could apply.
I have had some nylon rope wrapped around my stainless razor until I was confident. That is pretty easy to do. Thin nylon sewing wire will allready work.

Just as an example a brush
There is also heat shrink tape anti slip

Attachments

• A0C7D911-3113-476E-A08C-F037392AF253.jpeg
    A0C7D911-3113-476E-A08C-F037392AF253.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom