What's new

SWMBO says, "Go ahead and order yourself a scuttle." I am the luckiest man alive.

Which scuttle would you buy right now if SWMBO told you to get one?

• Georgetown G5

• Dirty Bird 1.5

• Bonnyman Moss Texan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soooo, TWBW has been working very hard at her new job and just didn't have time to buy me a birthday present. When she brought it up, I downplayed it completely because it really didn't bother me and I know what she's been going through since changing jobs. She felt bad though, and said, "I know you're into all this shaving stuff now...but I don't even know what you need or want for that whole thing." "Weeeelll..." I started, "I don't really need anything since I put those shelves up in the bathroom, but...." "What is it?" "Weeellll, you know how I've been using one of your favorite little soup crocks for lathering? There's this thing called a 'scuttle' that...". Her eyes glazed over, and in two minutes she said. "Sounds great--why don't you go ahead and order yourself one?"

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, which one? I've read up on the Big Three around here. Georgetown G5 for looks, Moss Texan for volume, Dirty Bird 1.5 for heat retention seems to be the general trend. So, assuming that my Mr. Coffee mugwarmer will handle any questions of heat retention, but I want the scuttle for the lathering ridges and brush placement in between lathering (preferably keeping the brush handle OUT of the lather), which one do you gentlemen prefer?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
$20.JPG

Ever seen the schwarzweisskeramik scuttles? There is a reservoir up front for brush soaking and lather thinning...The only problem is he's in Germany so shipping is a little high so a small one is 100.00 or so shipped.

Barring that...dirtybird.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I don't think she does anymore.

Roberts feats of clay has a similar one, but not as refined looking. I have one of his and I'm happy.

I've got a G5, and although I'm primarily a face lather guy now, when I do use it it is wonderful. I had a DB 1.5 at one point, and I just found it too big.

Although it's not a choice on the list, I'd get a Robert Becker scuttle. They may not be as snazzy/perfect as a Moss/DB/GT, but they're much more reasonably priced and do just as good a job.

I use a Becker scuttle, and love it. But you cannot go wrong with any of the three on your list. Pick the color and style that reflects your taste.

I cant recomment Dirty bird scuttles enough, julie is great to work with and will customize it almost any way you can dream of. I had a 1.5 and it was amazing!!!!

I have both a DB and G5.
I like the DB for it's heat retention, but it gets a little messy and it's a bit big.
The G5 whips up some awesome lather. I use it most often (when I use one. I'm a face latherer now) but it's lousy at keeping the heat.
My dad uses a Moss scuttle and says it's better than the G5 (he has one too).
If I did it all over again, I'd go Moss

Dude I'm in Poland, and the shwarzwhatever scuttle would still be right around US$100 shipped! I'd go DB or Bonnyman. Probably DB, since my concern would be more heat retention. I wonder if Julie could do a raised badger face.........

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
This is a trap. Do not nibble at that tasty tidbit which is dangling in front of you. The "offer" is really a test of how much control she has over you :001_tongu

When my wifey says "I think I'll buy a new sweater," I say "I give you permission, my love, to buy yourself a sweater." Needless to say, I always get a dirty look and the response "Pffft!! I don't need your permission. I'm working too, you know!" I love that woman :001_wub:

PS. I would not advise you to try my SWMBO's response on your wife. Apparently, these conversations are not bi-directional :confused1

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Dude I'm in Poland, and the shwarzwhatever scuttle would still be right around US$100 shipped! I'd go DB or Bonnyman. Probably DB, since my concern would be more heat retention. I wonder if Julie could do a raised badger face.........

Wow that's nuts! I still want one tho :lol:

Top Bottom