What's new

SWMBO Quotes

I really can't complain. I got 3 packages this week and as my wife brought the third one in she just said "Must be an early Christmas." :thumbup1:

SWMBO is the best! She hates stubble, but I hated to shave so I only shaved every 2 or 3 days. As soon as she noticed I was shaving every day, and actually enjoying it, she helped me find and install a nice wall cabinet just for my shaving stuff. That woman puts up with an awful lot from me, definitely a keeper, most definitely! Her best line was last week when I had a particularly bad day at work. When I got home she said "While I'm making dinner why don't you go have a shower and shave, you'll feel better". She's 13 years younger than me and keeps me feeling young, but then again, I believe you're only as old as the women you feel!

:wink:

My gf hip-checked me into the AOS store in Vegas after a few minutes of staring from the outside and sighing... that was the day I got my first "real" razor. I'm new to this and she probably doesn't know the monster unleashed but for now I'm in love (with her and the razor)

My 3 favorites...

"Hey look, another package."

"You get a brush, I get a handbag."

"That smells like a cheap bathroom cleaner" (Arko stick)

"Another razor?"
"Another brush?"
"Another soap?"

When I mention the double standards, she just rolls her eyes and walks away.

Last edited:
First of all, my wife and I will celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary this month. We are lovers and best friends.

My wife's typical response to my shaving purchases:
"Will you enjoy it and use it?" "Then go ahead and get it."

Responses this month to my last three eBay razor purchases:

5/8 Dovo Prima Klang with Violet wood scales: "Oh, what beautiful wood!"

5/8 Dovo "en carte 105" Black Micarta: "Wow, the blade looks like zebra stripes."

13/16 J. A. Henckels 72 1/2 with the red, blue, & gold etching on the blade: "That is beautiful. I love the rich colors on the blade."

Last Christmas, she gave me a "mint F2 Gillette Fatboy" that was identical to the one I had in college, when we were dating.

My wife is not only supportive, she is an enabler.

When I recently showed her the Pils Bauhaus Style Premium Stainless Steel Shaving Set listed for $625, she said, "Oh, that's not too bad, I was afraid it was going to be a $1,000. You should go ahead and get it." I truthfully told her that it was too much and I was afraid I couldn't enjoy it at that price and, frankly, we can't afford to be spending that kind of money for a razor.

As you can tell, "I have a keeper!":001_tt1:

Last edited:
I work out of a home office so I typically get the mail on my lunch hour. So... packages? What packages? :001_tongu

I just got back from a 3-day trip for work last night, which since I'm not a big fan of going to prison involved leaving the straights at home & shaving with a Mach 3 (no canned goo though, Wee Scot & a shave stick - gotta draw the line somewhere).

She gave me a little smirk and asked, "Don't you want to go shave, honey? How did you get by without your little shaving routine?"

Full disclosure disclaimer in case she reads this: She's never questioned the multiplying razors or the ridiculous number of shaving soaps in the bathroom, and she actually bought me my first really nice straight, so in the big scheme of things I can put up with a little good-natured sarcasm. She's a keeper.
:001_wub:

Save your face when traveling and try an injector, fwiw.

Top Bottom