What's new

SWMBO Quotes

I'm standing in Merz Apothacary with a puck of MWF in hand and she says, "Can I get this $30 tube of sun screen?" Of course Dear.

SWMBO says "you're cute" when I obsess over anything.
It's her way of saying "we both know you're an idiot, but I love you anyway"

It's actually very sweet. Only because I am an idiot :001_tongu

My wife saw me on the B&B homepage and asked if I was trying to crash the computer. Then said something about bevers and walked off! :lol:

I finally got my wife to try it, now she's sold on it! She hasn't quite caught the bug yet. I told her to look at all the brush handles I had and lay claim to what she wanted before I started working on them.
She said "You are already making me one, how many do I need?" I kind of got a kick out of that.

"You are not allowed to have that many brushes." after showing her the picture below found here.

attachment.php

I show her photos like that from here when she complains I have too many razors!

From last week to her sister-in-law: "With some people you can't talk religion or politics -----with him you can't talk about shaving."

This exchange happened just a few days after I got yet another vintage Gillette razor:

"Hey, I haven't seen that one before."

"Oh, that? I got that a L-O-N-G time ago..."

"Oh, OK then..."

I just got back from a 3-day trip for work last night, which since I'm not a big fan of going to prison involved leaving the straights at home & shaving with a Mach 3 (no canned goo though, Wee Scot & a shave stick - gotta draw the line somewhere).

She gave me a little smirk and asked, "Don't you want to go shave, honey? How did you get by without your little shaving routine?"

Full disclosure disclaimer in case she reads this: She's never questioned the multiplying razors or the ridiculous number of shaving soaps in the bathroom, and she actually bought me my first really nice straight, so in the big scheme of things I can put up with a little good-natured sarcasm. She's a keeper.
:001_wub:

SWMBO says "you're cute" when I obsess over anything.
It's her way of saying "we both know you're an idiot, but I love you anyway"

It's actually very sweet. Only because I am an idiot :001_tongu

That is pretty much my wife's response as well. She finds my shaving hobby cute and has not done anything to discourage me from getting all the stuff I want, as long as I keep it under reasonable control. :lol:

I'd like to share with you what she says, but I don't speak Korean.

My wife is Korean too! She has found me some sweet Korean aftershave splashes and balms too. I am a lucky man.

SWMBO: "Do you REALLY need more shaving soaps?"

me: "Well I certainly have enough to last for at least 3 years, but..."

SWMBO: "I'm glad you're have so much fun with your hobby"

Keeper!

My wife, looking over the bag of stuff I bought at WalMart last week and noticing a 10-pack of Wilkinson Sword Trac II-style cartridges: Who bought THIS? I thought you got into that OTHER kind of shaving to save MONEY! Why are you wasting money on these?
Me: I use both razors, sweetheart.
My wife: Well then what's the point of the old razor?
Me: I enjoy using it, too. (Pause). You know that 10-pack of cartridges only cost me $3.50, right? That's less than the cost of ONE Fusion cartridge. You knew that, right?"
My wife, with visible relief: Oh. OK, then.

I finally got my wife to try it, now she's sold on it! She hasn't quite caught the bug yet. I told her to look at all the brush handles I had and lay claim to what she wanted before I started working on them.
She said "You are already making me one, how many do I need?" I kind of got a kick out of that.

You need one for washing your face, and the other for shaving. And then a backup for travel.

We had our 30th anniversary yesterday. A long time ago we silently agreed to a " Don't ask Don't Tell approach to each other hobbies. As long as the bills get paid on time we don't worry about it. Besides, we spend most of our free money on the grand kids anyway.
All The Best,

This morning I was shaving and my wife came in, looked at my shelf, and said "Are those brushes made out of rabbit hair?" I looked at her, confused. Then she said "Because they are multiplying!".

I guess my stealth brush buying isn't so stealthy after all.

You were only half way into stealth mode. The other part is to keep the extra brushes hidden and rotate them in and out of view without ever increasing the number in view. And when she asks, "Didn't you have brush with a black handle?" be very sincere and reply, "no. It was always butterscotch."

Top Bottom