What's new

SWMBO got me a lil' gift!

She totally surprised me the other day with this. Apparently she was listening when I was rambling on weeks ago about "the ultimate modern razor". Needless to say I'm pretty excited and thankful for her being so awesome.

20171119_190510.jpg
20171119_190527.jpg
20171119_190538.jpg

Nice! Give us the report after you take that thing for a spin.

Today is actually my third shave with it. Right off the bat, I loved the weight...very heavy. Particularly on North-South strokes, it has a very pleasant "self-propelled" sensation to it due to the weight. It is not as mild as I was led to believe reading other reviews, which is a good thing! But it's definitely not too aggressive to the point of discomfort during the learning phase either. I managed a BBS the first day, but have had a little difficulty the second and third, particularly on the neck. I suspect it's an issue of cap size...it is a lot thicker than I'm used to so I need to adapt to it. I think once I dial in the angle, this will be the perfect razor. I will say that on the dreaded top lip, I was able to get BBS all three days with no nicks or irritation. I think this razor is capable of giving BBS while still being toward the mild-medium end of the spectrum. Nice and gentle, but also efficient.

20171121_073707.jpg

It is not as mild as I was led to believe reading other reviews, which is a good thing!

This has been something I've been concerned about, from reading other reviews. I've been wanting one of these, but don't want something "too" mild, though I am not looking for a face-eater, either.

I'm glad to see it's working out for you. A success! Of course every one of these that I read makes me want it that much more... :censored:

Top Bottom