What's new

Switching Hands

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hi
I use DCM Timeframes, either the 600 or 400 models.
I just switch them out sporadically.
They both need to be recovered at some point.
The amp I use is an MP-301 from musical paradise, though I am thinking of buying one of the Kingko 12 watt per channel EL-84 amps. Although I could probably buy the MP-501 50 watt per channel amp for roughly the same price, I would be limited to the KT-120 power tube. I also use a musical paradise tube DAC.
I have constantly thought about going with Decware, but have never had the opportunity to hear their amps in person.
I also bought one of their tube preamps when I was deadset on a pair of Quicksilver mini-mites that went out of production shortly thereafter. Then I missed the boat on the new dynaco at the introductory price.
Story of my life. LOL

I have one of the KingKo amps in the living room system. Very nice PP EL84 amp. Currently driving Harbeth C7ES-3. In my opinion, the KingKo punches well above its weight.

YMMV

I have one of the KingKo amps in the living room system. Very nice PP EL84 amp. Currently driving Harbeth C7ES-3. In my opinion, the KingKo punches well above its weight.

YMMV
My only concern is that it may be too trebley, but I am sure the midrange is great! I should have bought one when it was 800...is it pretty well balanced? I'm not a bass head and am happiest with my amp running current production tung
-sol EL-34s. Very balanced. I tried 6l6 KT-88, and 7581. But they all sounded congested like my amp needed an enema.

Last edited:
I'm not ambidextrous, but I think using your non-dominant hand for tasks that require fine co-ordination improves your skill with that hand. So, I like to switch hands.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My only concern is that it may be too trebley, but I am sure the midrange is great! I should have bought one when it was 800...is it pretty well balanced? I'm not a bass head and am happiest with my amp running current production tung
-sol EL-34s. Very balanced. I tried 6l6 KT-88, and 7581. But they all sounded congested like my amp needed an enema.
I'll PM you or we can start a new thread to continue the conversation.

Don't want to hijack the OP's thread. :)

I'm currently going though the pain of training my left hand. Had to start setting the alarm 20 minutes early because I take so long shaving I was having to switch to a DE Safety to finish up quickly.

I'm currently going though the pain of training my left hand. Had to start setting the alarm 20 minutes early because I take so long shaving I was having to switch to a DE Safety to finish up quickly.

All the best. Hope it gets easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you find it worth the effort! It really was for me! Stepped up my game for other razor types too!

I’ve been told it feels like someone else when you use the other hand

It’s odd at first but just go slow and over time your control improves. I find it really improves my shaving technique cos it opens up new angles. Always learning something new. Shave on guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom