What's new

Switching from Rockwell 6S to Karve?

Hi all I'm currently using the Rockwell 6C mostly with the R5 plate and can't fault it, I'm getting a smooth efficient irritation free shave out of it but I'm always curious to try something different which baseplate would you recommend on the Karve similar to R5/R6 on the Rockwell
Thx in advance

I think the R4 and Karve C plate are virtually identical, at least for ATG shaves. Both are close to blade neutral and very safe to shave with. I can zoom around without fear of cutting myself.

I found the R5 and Karve D to be similar. There is maybe slightly more blade feel on the Karve D, but given the tighter blade clamping, I felt more steady with the D. Never really tried the R6 or higher on the Karve plates.

I have been using both of these over the last 6 months and as far as shaving goes, they are quite similar, nothing really to make me choose one over the other. However, I have to give a slight edge to the Karve because of their handle length choices. In my opinion, the Rockwell handle could be a bit longer.

In March of 2019 I first posted that I had a Karve on order and April 18 that year I posted my pleasure with my Karve.
About a week ago I added a Stainless Widebody and have been using that. So far I don’t really see any real difference except for the obvious appearance. I have no intention of selling my Rockwell as I still rotate it into my routline every once and a while.

Currently I'm going back and forth between the Rockwell 6C (R5/R6) and the Razorock GC 0.84-P both are excellent maybe some more blade feel on the GC but nothing extreme, now I'm awaiting my Karve CB with the C plate, really curious to see how this one goes for me

Currently I'm going back and forth between the Rockwell 6C (R5/R6) and the Razorock GC 0.84-P both are excellent maybe some more blade feel on the GC but nothing extreme, now I'm awaiting my Karve CB with the C plate, really curious to see how this one goes for me

The Rockwell 6S (Plate #4) and the RazoRock GC 0.84 are two of my favorite razors. I recently added the Karve SS with the C Plate to the den. You will love your new Karve.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
In March of 2019 I first posted that I had a Karve on order and April 18 that year I posted my pleasure with my Karve.
About a week ago I added a Stainless Widebody and have been using that. So far I don’t really see any real difference except for the obvious appearance. I have no intention of selling my Rockwell as I still rotate it into my routline every once and a while.
I m with you on this. I have 3 karve. And a 6s. Which I don’t use. But I could. 🙂

Top Bottom