What's new

Switched to a two pass shave

I think the moral of my story and many of yours is: "Quit chasing the bbs and sometimes it will find you.... Figure out what works for YOU." I mean we all went dove into this looking for a more comfortable experience right?
I can't tell you how much traditional shaving has improved my life. I wish more were open to it.

I think the moral of my story and many of yours is: "Quit chasing the bbs and sometimes it will find you.... Figure out what works for YOU." I mean we all went dove into this looking for a more comfortable experience right?
I can't tell you how much traditional shaving has improved my life. I wish more were open to it.
Yes, a more comfortable experience and to save money.

The hair on my neck grows from every point on the compass depending on where it is. 2 passes simply won't get it done for me if I want to achieve BBS. I am happy to hear that it works for some.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Good for you - winning! The idea is to figure out what works and do that, just like you did.

Unfortunately, some of us can't get a BBS with two passes of any description.

As daily shaver, I always shaved with 2 passes WTG/ATG with BBS result. These result came with a good beard mapping for better effiency of my shave. Recently i begin to practice one pass shaving with excellents results, DFS+ and realy smooth skin. I do that using , Proraso foam and Feather AS-D2 razor mounted with a Merkur blade. It took me almost 2 years to perfect my technique and find the right razor / blade combo for my skin type.

As daily shaver, I always shaved with 2 passes WTG/ATG with BBS result. These result came with a good beard mapping for better effiency of my shave. Recently i begin to practice one pass shaving with excellents results, DFS+ and realy smooth skin. I do that using , Proraso foam and Feather AS-D2 razor mounted with a Merkur blade. It took me almost 2 years to perfect my technique and find the right razor / blade combo for my skin type.
And that's the name of the game -- perfect your technique and find the right hardware!

Always 2 pass here. Technically 1.5, as on the neck I just do a single pass
If needed, I do a touch up here and there, but with 7+ years into wet shaving this is rarely needed these days

As daily shaver, I always shaved with 2 passes WTG/ATG with BBS result. These result came with a good beard mapping for better effiency of my shave
This post reflects my experience very well. I don’t just do North-South and South-North passes. I go where I know the hair is and take most of it with a single pass. Then ATG on the sideburns, mustache and chin (my resistance areas) for the baby smooth glass results

Last edited:
Great for you. I switched to a 2 pass shave years ago. Didn‘t find much difference at all other than less irritation. Once you get the technique down I found 2 passes give me a DFS.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Lately, the majority of my shaves have been 2 pass. DFS is good enough for me these days. 😁

I've tried to get a bbs shave but always end up with a nick or 2, so my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
I usually go with a 2 pass shave, and I can achieve a damn fine shave and feel like a million bucks. :em17:

I'm not ready to try for BBS. I'm not sure I'm even in DFS territory yet. I do very much enjoy the wet shaving experience. I usually only shave my neck and the scraggledy cheek hair that grows away from the bulk of my sideburrns.

I have only shaved my whole face with a safety razor one time. I somehow look better and younger with a beard, so I'm gonna keep hiding my cheeks and chin from the sun!

Top Bottom