What's new

Swiss Pitralon

I have the Croatian clone Ralon. Does anybody know how close it is to the original/Swiss one?

To be honest, I am not a big fan as it is very heavy on Ylang Ylang.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
German source:
Manufactum.de
Great info! Thanks.
That's it, the Swiss looks like this:
1632336467814.png

Nothing like it that I've found although the cedar German stuff is great. (but very different)

Why? People can buy alcohol from duty free shops. They carry alcohol in their luggage. But airmail is not allowed? I never understood why.

Why? People can buy alcohol from duty free shops. They carry alcohol in their luggage. But airmail is not allowed? I never understood why.

It's due to regulatory agreements, evidently it's considered dangerous goods for air freight. I'm assuming it might be flammable if the container leaks or breaks. I know that's not a complete answer, but that's the reason given by vendors.

BTW, it can be freighted by cargo ships. Evidently, that's how stores on this side of the Atlantic get their stocks.

USPS said:
Perfume containing alcohol may not be shipped internationally or mailed domestically using air transportation. Perfume containing alcohol, however, may be shipped within the United States by ground transportation.

Top Bottom