What's new

Sweeney_ Member Interview

View attachment 1418727

Bought it two months after I paid my daughter's final college tuition. 😂
I was dropping hints to the wife for about 5 years previous.

It was the first new vehicle I've purchased in 20 years. The last was my Dakota truck I bought new back in 2000 and still driving it with 80k miles on the clock.
I've got summer plans to put a centri blower on the Mustang, taking her in April to get oil pump gears and crank sprocket upgraded first. I love that 'stang so much, perhaps because when I was a teenager my first muscle car was a '69 Mach 1. That was probably around 1978. Always regretted selling her.

Very nice! Nice treat for getting the kiddo through college too! And now you can say that a razor or brush is cheaper than a new Mustang.

Member Interviews - Meet member Sweeney_

View attachment 1416916

@Sweeney_ has been a member of B&B since Apr 24, 2015

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

Originally, I stumbled across the forum while looking for alternative methods for head shaving but of course, I fell down the rabbit hole and began wet shaving my face with a DE.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

Other than my time in the Army, I've always worked blue-collar factory jobs. Manufacturing which has run the gamut from furniture, test tubes, printing, automotive gears and for the last 28 years, cable production with a telecommunications company.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

Give me the Blue Ridge Mountains and my motorcycle any day.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Same as above but if I had to choose another country, then probably Australia or New Zealand.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Riding my motorbike on the most technical, curvy backroads that I can find. Hanging out in the garage and spending the day detailing my truck, bike or Mustang GT. Also air rifles, the type that you fill with a scuba tank and shoot dime-sized groups at 60 yards.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

Should be obvious, right? I mean come on... Sweeney Todd. I've been a fan of Tim Burton's work since Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands. Also I like the history behind the original musical play... based on an old "penny dreadful" story from around the 1840s.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

Gaius Julius Ceasar

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Learn to sail. Sometimes I feel there was a previous life spent on the old square-riggers.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

If I were asked earlier in life, I'd answer my time in the US Army. Airborne Infantry, the winning team at the All Army Rifle Competition, Sniper School graduate and Small Arms Rifle Instructor. But my perspective has changed since my daughter came to visit over the recent holidays. She is an amazing young lady and if I can take at least partial credit for that, then she is my greatest accomplishment.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Paddle your own canoe.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

Travel out of body to non-physical realities at will.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

Albatross

13. What kind of music do you like?

Everything across the spectrum from AC/DC and Rob Zombie to Lucia Micarelli, the violinist.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Aaron Cross, played by Jeremy Renner in The Bourne Legacy. End result... wind up on that boat with Rachel Weisz.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

It's Not The Year, It's The Mileage
Great interview! Thank you for sharing something about yourself.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I love that 'stang so much, perhaps because when I was a teenager my first muscle car was a '69 Mach 1. That was probably around 1978. Always regretted selling her.
I've heard that story too many times. Don't think I will ever sell my 67 'stang, got it in 1978 and used it to tow my ski boat, then drag raced it for 15 years, been in storage almost 22 years now, getting really close to putting her back on the road and racetrack this year.

~doug~

Top Bottom