What's new

Swedish Parliament elections makes every vote count...

No, I do not want to discuss politics.

But, this morning all votes were counted from Sunday's elections & when calculating with the various rules how votes from different district are weighed in (taking in things like how the population are spread out & lots of other things) the sitting government are lacking 26 votes for gaining own majority in the parliament.
Now neither side has it's own majority.

26 votes in a country with a population exceeding 9 million people.

:blink:

Is there a Swedish phrase for "hanging chads?"
I googled it & I learned something new today.
And I do remember all that drama in 2000.

But no, there are no such word.
We vote with a single piece of printed paper.
Or three actually, one for parliament, one for the local health-care authorities & one for your county. One piece of paper in one envelope.
And the papers are available at all places where you can vote & all registred parties has their own, with their name printed on it.
It's called "valsedlar" ~"election bill"
proxy.php

So no Chads here :lol:

Last edited:
according to google it's hängande chad. :lol:

But man 26 votes, that's gotta suck.
True :laugh:
If you translatethe name "Chad" it would probably resemble something like the common Swedish name "Kjell"
So, it was hanging Kjells fault :lol:

Those 26 votes are especially hard, since the government have to pass all laws thru parliament, & if you do not have own majority there, you have to haggle each & every decision with the others.
There are 8 parties, 3 in a left wing coalition & 4 in a right-wing coalition (the ones missing 26 votes.) the 8th party is a veeeery far-right party that no one wants to do business with.
So it will be a very interesting political fall over here...

Top Bottom