What's new

Swap Box - Journey Has Ended

Hello All,

The B&B-SMF Goodwill Swap Box has finally come home to Plano after an 8 month journey.

Caseys101 down in Houston shipped it back up to Plano this week. Thank you, Casey!

The swap box started its journey back on 29 August 2005 in Texas. From there it went on to California, Wisconsin, Illinois, Canada, the Northeast, the southeast, the Midwest and finally back to the state of Texas.

Along the way it was opened, repacked and shipped 21 times! Here is the box when it arrived in Plano:

full

The contents certainly looked different since it left back in August of last year:

full

The 21 participants should give themselves a well-deserved pat on the back for making this project a success. Well done, gentlemen :)!

Cheers,

Richard
Dispatch Central in Plano, TX

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,

I only kept the tube of Cremo Cream and three talcs (one of them was a WoW lavender that I put in 8 months ago). Many items were not suitable for reissue and were discarded.

The rest of the items have been donated to my local Salvation Army to use. Many people who come for help to the Salvation Army need a little something to cheer up their day. So a little bar of soap, a shampoo sample, a fragrance packet, can really lift their spirits.

When I travel, I always bring back the extra shampoos, lotions, soaps, etc. and put them in a plastic bag at home. When the bag is full, I take it over to Salvation Army.

The next swap box will have new items and a new theme.

Thank you all for participating.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Hi Richard,

conratulats, if I can say that here, that was a really nice, great idea, also the gifts to the Salvation Army...:thumbup1: :thumbup: :a14:

I think you have a big heart and that is really rare in this hard world...

Greetings from Germany.

Thomas

Top Bottom