What's new

SW repair service turn around time

Anyone has any idea how long they take to fix a "defective" part. My case is simple: broken extractor on 22M revolver (fired 100rds) and it broke...obviously defective...another MIM part.

Anyway....I have used SIG and Walther and both have rapid turn around times....SW is taking for ever....

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Anyone has any idea how long they take to fix a "defective" part. My case is simple: broken extractor on 22M revolver (fired 100rds) and it broke...obviously defective...another MIM part.

Anyway....I have used SIG and Walther and both have rapid turn around times....SW is taking for ever....

How long have they had it?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I suggest a call. I had a gun go back get fixed but then get hung up in shipping. A phone call and two days later ...

Called.....they said, wait more....2-3weeks turn around from the time the toy gets to the correct department (which was 5-9d after they got it). Slow system..... while I was waiting for CR, they had advisories for 2-3 recalls....so maybe this is slowing stuff. But mine went to the "revolver" dept. which had no recalls.

As much as many people dislike Sig for all their issues...., one thing I must admit: they have the BEST CS.
Maybe the best is the one you don't ever need to use......

Will keep on waiting ....., for a repair that should take 5-10'.
The CS rep was friendly..... most are...except Glock....they have meatheads that will only try to blame the customer for any malfunctions... not sure if it's because they get so many people calling and complaining about "perfection" .

The only time I sent a revolver to S&w, it took weeks. Like 4-5 if I remember. They did a lot of work though.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Called.....they said, wait more....2-3weeks turn around from the time the toy gets to the correct department (which was 5-9d after they got it). Slow system..... while I was waiting for CR, they had advisories for 2-3 recalls....so maybe this is slowing stuff. But mine went to the "revolver" dept. which had no recalls.

As much as many people dislike Sig for all their issues...., one thing I must admit: they have the BEST CS.

The CS rep was friendly..... most are...except Glock....they have meatheads that will only try to blame the customer for any malfunctions... not sure if it's because they get so many people calling and complaining about "perfection" .
Yes, I was told it would take another week or so yet miracles happen and less than 5 days later mine was back in my hands.

OkieStubble

Back in 1989 I was a very young college student. I purchased a used Glock Gen2 for $400. Well, I was young and dumb; and very unknowledgeable about firearms. Also, Unbeknownst to me, the person I had bought it from, took it upon themselves to torture test that Glock 19 Gen2, before selling it to me.

Only God knows what they did to that gun, but when I took it out to shoot it after buying it, it jammed every round going in and stove piped, every round coming out. I had no clue what to do, and the guy that sold me the gun would only say, "As Is No Warranty." Jerk move to do to a young kid for sure.

However, I learned something very valuable about that horrible Glock customer service. I gave an FFL Dealer $10 to send it back to Glock to fix. He told me it would probably take somewhere between 6 to 9 weeks to even get it back and then, Glock would probably charge me for fixing the damage that I didn't cause, because warranty wouldn't cover, purposeful abuse.

I was expecting the worst. Anyhoo, Glock sent that G19 Gen2 back to the dealer for me to pick up within 10 days. They paid for the shipping back and reimbursed me for the shipping there. They refinished the slide and barrel, replaced all new nickel parts in the frame, including the two problems they found which was a bent ejector and chipped extractor.

And Glock did all that work and sent it back to me, totally free of charge. They even sent a brand new, 15 round magazine with the gun. I found out much later, the previous owner who sold it to me and his friend, had the gun field stripped; and part of their "torture testing" was to continually throw the slide and frame against a brick wall and to throw both parts individually up in the air as high as they could and let them come down on concrete.

Then, put the two back together to continue fire testing the gun. I went on and put probably, somewhere in the estimated range of 80,000 thru that Glock 19 Gen2 over the years, give or take several thousand here or there. All of it trouble free. I bought that Glock 19Gen2 in 1989 for $400. I sold it 26 years later in 2015 for exactly, $400. :)

I am still friends with the person who bought it from me, and to this day he carries and shoots it without any trouble so far. I actually really miss that gun and regret selling it. :)

Last edited:
Back in 1989 I was a very young college student. I purchased a used Glock Gen2 for $400. Well, I was young and dumb; and very unknowledgeable about firearms. Also, Unbeknownst to me, the person I had bought it from, took it upon themselves to torture test that Glock 19 Gen2, before selling it to me.

Only God knows what they did to that gun, but when I took it out to shoot it after buying it, it jammed every round going in and stove piped, every round coming out. I had no clue what to do, and the guy that sold me the gun would only say, "As Is No Warranty." Jerk move to do to a young kid for sure.

However, I learned something very valuable about that horrible Glock customer service. I gave an FFL Dealer $10 to send it back to Glock to fix. He told me it would probably take somewhere between 6 to 9 weeks to even get it back and then, Glock would probably charge me for fixing the damage that I didn't cause, because warranty wouldn't cover, purposeful abuse.

I was expecting the worst. Anyhoo, Glock sent that G19 Gen2 back to the dealer for me to pick up within 10 days. They paid for the shipping back and reimbursed me for the shipping there. They refinished the slide and barrel, replaced all new nickel parts in the frame, including the two problems they found which was a bent ejector and chipped extractor.

And Glock did all that work and sent it back to me, totally free of charge. They even sent a brand new, 15 round magazine with the gun. I found out much later, the previous owner who sold it to me and his friend, had the gun field stripped; and part of their "torture testing" was to continually throw the slide and frame against a brick wall and to throw both parts individually up in the air as high as they could and let them come down on concrete.

Then, put the two back together to continue fire testing the gun. I went on and put probably, somewhere in the estimated range of 80,000 thru that Glock 19 Gen2 over the years, give or take several thousand here or there. All of it trouble free. I bought that Glock 19Gen2 in 1989 for $400. I sold it 26 years later in 2015 for exactly, $400. :)

I am still friends with the person who bought it from me, and to this day he carries and shoots it without any trouble so far. I actually really miss that gun and regret selling it. :)
Nice, I think those were the "good old days". I think they don't do that any more.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
They don't have too. It's a Glock. :)

1584408738559.png

1584408821240.png

Sorry...off topic.

MOM! Rob's starting stuff again!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Some folks have no sense whatsoever

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That's an Oklahoma ABLE Commission thing. I don't understand it either.

Yeah, the open saloon laws were supposedly written so the Native Americans...let's get real...Indians...wouldn't get drunk so much. Didn't work...I grew up there.

TABC here has a bit more sense...maybe. At least OK has got real beer now. Dry and wet counties, and cities, are a patchwork here.

What has this got to with S&W turn around time?

OkieStubble

Yeah, the open saloon laws were supposedly written so the Native Americans...let's get real...Indians...wouldn't get drunk so much. Didn't work...I grew up there.

TABC here has a bit more sense...maybe. At least OK has got real beer now. Dry and wet counties, and cities, are a patchwork here.

What has this got to with S&W turn around time?

Oh yeah, we're big time now. Even can buy booze on Sunday's now.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Revolvers are born with soul, Glocks acquire it after 100,000 miles ... 16 new parts ... 23 adventures ... and 50K rounds downrange.

AA

Top Bottom