SV Saturday

SV Saturday 13th April

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Wizamet SI #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

I used Cubebe for SV Saturday. Got the usual excellent bowl-lather, for an easy near-BBS.

SV on Monday, What a great way to start the week. Happy Shaving Gents!
IMG_4598.jpeg

💈 🪒 SOTD April 20th 2024 💈 🪒
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Beautiful autumnal Saturday. I took the opportunity to debut the mighty Pegasus Mistura.

I used it straight from the box, without any type of preparation, other than leaving it to soak all night. It will probably become my favorite brush once it softens. For now he is an avid lather eater. I used twice the amount of soap I normally use. The Pegasus' handle is bigger and heavier than the SOC's and I like it better. But, it's worth remembering that I have big hands. According to my father, I would be a great pianist and a terrible urologist.

I took advantage of the temperature to use the great SV Desert Vetiver and finish with Malizia Uomo AS.

Greencult 2.0 plate IV and Gillette Platinum light blue combine divinely. This blade, the one made by PPI, is becoming one of my favorites. I'll try to make a small stock while it's still available.

The brilliant Art Pepper was with us.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️🪒

A163BD6B-DC2A-478C-BCE1-1940DFD0B904.jpeg
IMG_6474.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20240420_145630.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#110 of 366 remaining 256(100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Lupo 95 SB
Blade: GSB (7)
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
A/S: Clinique Happy For Men
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight for SV Saturday I went for 70th Anniversary as it has been t-shirt (or for me polo shirt) weather today. We don't get many days like that here, it seems to have been raining since last June. I switched to the Lupo tonight just to see how it did with the GSB blade. The shave was excellent and I think it just about edged the Rockwell giving me a BBS. I will keep using the Lupo with the GSB, at least for now

SV Saturday 20th April

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: Rockwell 6S R6, Ti Handle, Astra SP #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

I used Opuntia for SV Saturday, and got the usual fine bowl-lather. Performance is the same as Cubebe, but I prefer the scent.

The Rockwell with R6 plate did a comfortable job of getting me a near-BBS.

Sv dolomiti, the very first sv I tried and my favourite. Plus the super wonderful sv brush.
If anyone is reading this thread and crying over the disappearing tallow soaps, try any SV. They will forget all about tallow.

Top Bottom