What's new

SV question

I 3017’d my Noble Otter Lonestar and will try my first Saponificio Varesino soap.
I like woody scents. Both the Manna de Sicilia and Mirto de Sardegna have woody elements in the scents. What’s the difference?

The thing with SV is that even though they list a bunch of scent notes, you only get so smell very few of them in the end product. Manna is pretty much on the floral side. I don't remember Mirto too well, but iirc it was a kind of berries/youthful scent.

I recently had and sold manna, the lather it created was second to none, but I have sensitive skin and it didn’t agree with me.. My loss as I loved everything else about it.

I have Mirto and I don't think of it as a woody scent. To my nose, citrus and vetiver are most prominent. Maybe there are woody notes somewhere in the background. Like most SV soaps, it is complex. I really like Mirto.

Thanks for your experience and advice about the SV soaps. The complexity of the ingredients had me off base.
I’m scent deaf. After decades of singing in choir where I couldn’t wear scents This aspect of shaving is new to me. I generally prefer simpler more straightforward scents.

Top Bottom