What's new

Susan G. Komen Run For the Cure Fundraiser in Honor of Sue Moore.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Today 8-14-11 was the Susan G. Komen run for the cure in Kansas City. Since there is no way this dude is going to run, I thought I would try to run up a little money by putting together this small fundraiser.:thumbup:

I have dug around my Den and have come up with a nice prize pool. To be eligible to win all you have to do is make a minimum $10.00 donation to the Sue Moore Memorial Fund we have on going on B&B. All of the donations go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. When donating please use your user name so I can track it. I have no way to actually track the amount so please be honest in your donation.

The Roolz are simple, donate at least $10.00 and then post in this thread the following......."I have helped beat Breast Cancer." I will draw the winner by Random.org using your entry post # at 7:00PM cst on Sunday 8-21-11.

So without further ado here is the loot. None of the razors are mint but are all in nice user grade condition and work fine.

An 01 1969 Super Adjustable. This was the first year and quarter for this razor. (I think)

An L4 1966 Champagne Lady Gillette.

A Schick Injector, I believe it is an E type but I am not an Injector expert.

A new old Ever Ready brush with a TGN knot from Rudy Vey. This brush is unused with the new knot, so the winner will get to break it in.

A NOS puck of Colgate Shave Soap.

A Soap Dish.

And no prize package would be complete without something from Wendy at Saint Charles Shave. How about a new puck of Refined Soap, which was made by Sue, and a new bottle of Refined AS.

So there you have it. Let's make those donations and this all could be yours. Thank You in advance for all your support to this great cause.:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Thanks Steve..........ok c'mon folks not a bad deal for $10.00.

You got it Scott! I did the Komen race for the cure here in June. It was amazing how many people were there. Since my Mom died of this in November I have had three friends diagnosed, if all goes well their outcome will be much brighter though. Thank goodness for the research being done these days. One of these people were older but the other two were 37 and 42.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
You got it Scott! I did the Komen race for the cure here in June. It was amazing how many people were there. Since my Mom died of this in November I have had three friends diagnosed, if all goes well their outcome will be much brighter though. Thank goodness for the research being done these days. One of these people were older but the other two were 37 and 42.

I have all the goodies Wendy, no worries there. Now we just need some donations.

Don't you all feel lonely having Steve be the only donor so far. :blush:

Wendy... I do believe that the soap and the AS are from a Sue run... can you confirm that... It was that large shipment you sent me.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Wendy... I do believe that the soap and the AS are from a Sue run... can you confirm that... It was that large shipment you sent me.

Yes it is Brian. : )

OK this is the confirmation I needed. The puck of Soap that is in this fundraiser was made by St. Sue herself. That should add a bit of incentive.

I have helped beat Breast Cancer.

My grandmother has had two bouts with breast cancer and survived them. She has had both breasts removed, but praise the Lord for the cancer research and funds that are being made available today. A wonderful charity to give your funds to. And a possibility at free stuff to boot? What a deal!

I never knew Sue, but her story is certainly an inspiring one. I may have teared up a time or two reading her story on the boards here. I hope more people will donate to cure the disease that cuts so many women's lives short.

Great offering, Scott!

I have helped beat breast cancer.

My first wife passed away from lung cancer and my second wife was a two time survivor of Hodgkins when she was in her 20s. It is an awful disease, in all forms, and anything that can be done to eradicate it is worth any amount of money.

I'm donating to support Scott's generosity and the cause, not because I need any more shaving gear. :001_cool:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Thanks so much everyone, keep those donations coming. Some day with everyones help this disease will be eradicated.

Top Bottom