What's new

Survival Razor

Greetings Gentlemen,

An acquaintance sent me this query:

"Thanks for the invitation, Rik I have a question I once saw a razor that was retracted in a small round tube and by just turning at the bottom ring it opened up and the 2 bladed safety razor came out and flipped into position.
According to me this was some Taiwan made thing and advertised as "survival razor" or something and it even came in camouflage pattern.

I've been trying to find one for quiet some time now perhaps you know where I could get one."

Anyone familiar with this contraption?

I think I've seen those.
They are marketed as "travel razors" also, and can be found in the travel section of Wal Mart, right above where one usually finds travel size deodorants, shampoos, and folding toothbrushes...
I've even seen the camouflage one.
John P.

Hello John,

Thanks for the info, this is Bagheera the acquaintance of Rik who led me to this forum.

You are correct they are also called travel razors and I just called it "Survival" razor as it was called that when I saw it 7+ years ago in some military dump shop.

We don't have Wal Mart over in the Netherlands so I will have to find somebody in the US to get me one.

If I'm correct they can be fitted with ant 2 bladed safety razor "cartridge head".

Thanks again and a Happy, Prosperous and foremost Healthy New Year for you all.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Bagheera,
welcome to the forum. Sounds like the same razors. I guess they are ok, but don't part with a lotof money for one, at least to me they do not scream quality all that loudly.
That said, I've not actually tried one, and I guess for a disposable it wouldn't be a bad deal....
if its cheap.
John P.

If you can't find one cheap, let me know. If shipping isn't too much I'll try to find one and send it. Shipping is the bid thing...the razor has to be worth more than the price to ship it....assuming you don't get one online or something.

John P.

Greetings Bagheera,

Welcome to B&B! We do have a fountain pen thread going in the Barbershop forum you may want to check out and input your expertise.

Rik,

Thanks for the hint, I joined the fountain pen posting already :biggrin:

JohnP, if you could let me know what 1-2 (plain + camouflage color) of these travel razors would cost you, postage to the Netherlands will at most cost $5 (small Flat rate USPS Global priority envelope) but just a padded envelope with 1-2 razors by Priority Airmail would probably cost < $ 3.00

I could send money by PayPal or even send some cash as I still have some Dollar notes :biggrin:

Bagheera

Great,

John thanks a lot, I'll look forward reading your answer, it'll be Thursday morning for me then ( +9 hours for me :wink: )

Bagheera

Bagheera said:
Rik,

Thanks for the hint, I joined the fountain pen posting already :biggrin:

JohnP, if you could let me know what 1-2 (plain + camouflage color) of these travel razors would cost you, postage to the Netherlands will at most cost $5 (small Flat rate USPS Global priority envelope) but just a padded envelope with 1-2 razors by Priority Airmail would probably cost < $ 3.00

I could send money by PayPal or even send some cash as I still have some Dollar notes :biggrin:

Bagheera
Glad to have you aboard! You'll find this to be a friendly place with some very knowledgeable members. Have a good one!

So I went to WalMart the other night, and found that, well, there were no more of the turn n twist razors, and instead there were racks and racks of new Quattro Power and M3P's. There was also a shelf of razors with shaving cream stored in the handles.
I will check another WalMart and a few other places tonight, hopefully there are still some here; if I don't find any in the next couple days though I'll let you know.
John P.

John,

JohnP said:
So I went to WalMart the other night, and found that, well, there were no more of the turn n twist razors, and instead there were racks and racks of new Quattro Power and M3P's. There was also a shelf of razors with shaving cream stored in the handles.
I will check another WalMart and a few other places tonight, hopefully there are still some here; if I don't find any in the next couple days though I'll let you know.
John P.

Please don't spend to much time on it, I appreciate it very much that you went to the Wal Mart yesterday but with the coming New Year please don't start running around for such an twist n turn razor.

Many thanks, best Scouting wishes,

Bagheera

Top Bottom