What's new

Surrey Getting Old But Still Kicking

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I’ve had this brush for nearly 40 years now and still enjoy using it. Just had a new Culligan water softener & carbon filter installed, so I thought I’d give it a go. I’m hoping the rust comes out over time.
27CF3414-3BDC-4858-A803-9403F989AD37.jpeg

I quit using it as my “daily go to” many years ago. However, it has always been in my rotation. I’ve posted about it several times over the years and it has resided at my summer cottage for probably ten years or so. Well, last summer we sold our house in the city, tore down the cottage, and built a nice year round home on the lake. Now that it is our permanent residence we decided that a water treatment system was imperative.

I must say, this little boar beauty did not disappoint. It still has great backbone and very soft tips. It is the brush in my avatar, which I think I’ve had since I first landed here on B&B.

That is amazing brush life !

I have a couple of shrink wrapped surrey shaving kits as memorabilia. They have this brush. I may also have a few loose used brushes which came with a mug and soap.

I wonder how they compare with the modern VDH brushes. I have have which is pretty stiff and is good for lathering Williams.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I am a sentimentalist with somethings I have a pure badger I have had for way too long. Great story about your boar.

Top Bottom