What's new

Surprised by Treet Carbon Steel

I had not had a good experience first shot, over a year ago.

Tried again with my Hoffritz travel slant. Great shave! Really surprised me.

Not smooth like some others but very acceptable.

Rinsed it off, dipped it into alcohol, air dried for a while then I wiped it with a tissue.

We will see how tomorrow’s shave goes.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maybe slant razors are the key to best blade performance. Nothing special from my Gillette Tech, New Short Comb or Old Type, but a surprisingly close shave in my Parker Semi Slant. Rinsed after use and wiped edges with blade oil to prevent corrosion.

Well..... got through the first pass and had to bail. Loaded up a Wizamet and finished up.

So for me.... no bueno.

Well..... got through the first pass and had to bail. Loaded up a Wizamet and finished up.

So for me.... no bueno.

+1! That about sums up my experience!! :sob:

Wizamet SI are in a different league altogether, very fine blades indeed!!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have not tried this blade before. Thanks for the update on your experiences with it.

I have a similar experience with the OP. I am currently going through the various Treet blades, mainly their carbon steel ones and this is unfortunately the worse so far. During the first shave it felt smooth but inefficient. During the second shave it was tugging a lot. FWIW, the rest of their offerings are better for me, with the yellow Dura Sharp being one of my favorite blades.

I love the Treet classic blades, but I really don't feel like going through the extra effort to keep them from rusting, so I don't buy them in bulk. I treat (treet?) them as one and done. I've thought about experimenting with stropping them and possibly even trying to sharpen the edge with a glass like the old days just for fun. One day..

I love the Treet classic blades, but I really don't feel like going through the extra effort to keep them from rusting, so I don't buy them in bulk. I treat (treet?) them as one and done. I've thought about experimenting with stropping them and possibly even trying to sharpen the edge with a glass like the old days just for fun. One day..
I got the Treet Black Beauties specifically to try them after stropping. I got a few Gillette Thins & they really are smooth after stropping figgered that maybe all carbon blades would benefit from stropping ... Treets didn't, but do actually give a decent shave - but only with certain razors.

Top Bottom