What's new

Surprised by a PAL injector

i bought a PAL adjustable injector from a fellow member of B&B, i´ve seen them several times and they look good, in my opinion its one of the "manliest" looking injectors out there

when it arrived, i looked at it, it looked compleatly NOS, the cardboard back was still on the box, and the box still had a seal sticker, i put it away, but in the end, i had to open and use it,

used a US shick blade in it, and i was surprised, at first i set it to low, and it wasnt such a great shave, but then i cranked it up to medium, and if i had to quit DE shaving for a injector, this would be the one, its a great razor, smooth shave, best injector shave i´ve gotten yet, and i´ve used 3 shicks and a gillette injector, this razor truly surprised me,

And it's made out of stainless steel to boot. PAL's are great razors and IMO not given the attention that they deserve.

I was using an injector at the time that the Pal adjustable came out. I did buy one and used it for a while. It did a good job, but I went back to my Eversharp Schick Hydro-magic due to the Pal's lack of the "Hydro-magic" feature. I guess I had been spoiled by that "easy clean" feature.

If you discount my penchant for that cleaning method that my Schick had, in every other regard, I believe it matched or bettered the Schick razors.

It was well balanced, at least to my taste, it was adjustable to some extent and that brushed stainless steel looked very nice and very modern. If Eversharp hadn't developed, and I assume covered, that Hydro-magic feature with patents, I believe the Pal would have probably sold much better than it did . . . possibly better than the Schicks themselves.

Let's face it, the razor was designed and manufactured by a company with more experience than anyone in the industry aside from Gillette. I'm sure that ASR did a lot of market research and product design testing before they released that product. I'm not sure they did the best job of promoting it; I don't recall seeing much advertising.

Regards,
Tom

Thank you for the mini-review! I've become an injector fan myself
and recently purchased a Pal Adjustable like yours from one of the
board members here. Can't wait to take it for a spin! :biggrin:

Saully G.

Top Bottom