What's new

Suribachi scuttle

Happy Days! I’ve ordered a Suribachi scuttle from Steve Woodhead’s pottery shop. I know it’s not a fundamental shaving item but hey, we only have one life! :001_smile

I’ve been reading that the Suribachi texture may damage the brush as it seems to be a bit abrasive. Have you experienced any unfortunate damage?

Here's a photo (taken from Steve's website). I chose a light-hearted tone to cheer me up throughout the gray winter. :001_rolle

upload_2018-10-4_13-36-31.png

Cheers!

I’ve been reading that the Suribachi texture may damage the brush as it seems to be a bit abrasive. Have you experienced any unfortunate damage?
Looks like it is going to be heavy wear on the brush tips; Suribachi bowls are used for grinding. I have his standard glazed scuttle in teak and it works really well.

Happy Days! I’ve ordered a Suribachi scuttle from Steve Woodhead’s pottery shop. I know it’s not a fundamental shaving item but hey, we only have one life! :001_smile

Here's a photo (taken from Steve's website). I chose a light-hearted tone to cheer me up throughout the gray winter. :001_rolle

View attachment 917303

Cheers!
I've heard about the possibility of the brush getting damaged, so I use one brush when I use my suribachi bowl. So far I have not seen any damage to the synthetic brush I use. That's a good looking bowl and it should make very good lather.
proxy.php

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom