Sure fire way to get rid of squirrels

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors!' started by Captain Pre-Capsize, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Ambassador

I may try this trick with a 10-foot section of sewer pipe... For that bear that keeps getting into my trash.

That'd learn him.

AA

2. Bhugo

Bhugo Contributor

We need a film of that one!

3. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Ambassador

I know, right? :001_tongu Picturing a sewer pipe leading down into a dumpster filled with water ...

Ironically, I have a game camera watching the trash now ...

AA

4. martym

martym Contributor

Go out there next time and give that bear what fer

5. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Ambassador

A local DID shoot one, out of aggravation, and got arrested. No, thanks.

Sonic grenade boobytrap, maybe. Finding a bear turd on the spot would be rewarding.

AA

6. Benjamin Marauder .177 tuned to 960fps/16fpe.

Squirrels out to 25+ yards don't stand a chance. QUIET, accurate, and more than enough power with proper shot placement.

Or...get a good cat. Maine Coon should do.

7. My first thought when I read the title of your post was "sure...just fire!"

Greg

8. I sure have enjoyed reading all the comments and suggestions. Due to city codes, it appears I will have to revert back to using some kind of live trap or try one of the drowning methods mentioned here.

The weather is turning colder which has decreased their activity and their destruction of my deck...for now.
    I hope to provide an update as I move forward with Operation Dinner Invitation.
    :tank:

9. Got a squirrel today with the Beeman P 17 pistol. Head shot from the back door!

10. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Ambassador

Ay, the House-Eaters ... the war never ends!

AA