What's new

Sure fire way to get rid of squirrels

Metal box trap as shown below. Got mine for less than 30 bucks. If they're coming in from up top like mine were through the siding of the house, set a trap up on the roof with peanut butter. If you set it on the ground, you'll just get rabbits, possums and racoons or a skunk.

Before I could get the siding fixed, I did this for a couple years. I'd catch them, shoot em with the pellet gun and toss em back in the woods. For awhile my wife made me drive them up far into the woods on the quad and release them. *** that. They'll just come back. My Air Arms S510 in .25 Cal knocks em dead cleanly. Damn tree rats!!

Attachments

• MT703H-2.jpg
    MT703H-2.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 1
Best way involves surgical tubing and a spaghetti strainer ...

Can't find the hi-res, but this has over 3 million views.

AA
Neighbors' kids did something similar with gum rubber tubing tied between patio cover posts - launched bags of dog poo over the neighbors' roof & into the park beyond where a softball game was in progress. Hit the cop car, too when it arrived to investigate.
Fortunately, single Mom was shapely enough to avoid a ticket & her ratty kids were well-behaved enough to apologize.

Too bad ... she would'a looked HOT in handcuffs ...

Squirrels, groundhogs, raccoons, and possums destroy everything. Once they make it into your house, you've already lost a ton of money.

*Zig is a pirate with lots of experience disposing of pests, not a lawyer. So don't take this as legal advise.

My suggestion? Dogs, traps, and suppressed firearms. If you can't legally own a suppressor, a high-power air rifle will work.
No need to explain away every possum-sized hole you dig.
Shoot, shovel, shut up.

Top Bottom