What's new

Suppose it's time to stop lurking...

... so I thought I'd pop up and say "Morning [UK time] all".

I was a teenage electric shaver (now I read that it sounds like one of those "confession" novels), converted to wet in my college years, had a cheap Wilkinson DE but regressed to disposable/cartridge for more years than I'd care to mention. With an extra half hour in the mornings this year working from home, I'm back in the real world of shaving.

Now firmly down the rabbit hole - approaching the "magic 100" with straight razor shaves, and I'm accumulating straight razors, Razor-Shaped-Objects for practice rubbing on rocks (some of which will actually shave now - the objects, not the rocks, though I'd be better served using the stones than some others), shavettes, DE razors, brushes, soaps, and aftershaves that smell like the eighties, all at an alarming rate (I've also dug out a fair collection of aftershaves from the back of a drawer that smell like the seventies/eighties because that's when I got them). I'm justifying the expense by setting it against the savings I'm making with the pubs being closed or on short hours - for the last few months I've just been frittering away my cash on stuff like food and paying the bills.

For anyone wondering, the handle is a Rice-Burroughs reference, and the picture from a 1970s UK TV advert for dehydrated mashed potato - which sounds worse than I remember it tasting.

So. That's me. And here's a picture of what a child of the seventies (baby of the sixties : yeah, the sixties, baby) keeps in his drawers.

Attachments

• 80s nostalgia.jpg
    986.5 KB · Views: 39

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Welcome to B&B! I have and enjoy all of those aftershaves, they are just my era, as is your avatar. My Father and I used to laugh hysterically at those TV adverts - "They peel them with their metal knives!" 😂

Many thanks. Yours is another classic from back then. Just wish I could remember how Henry told us to apply it...

(Not true, of course. Some things are unforgettable.)

Top Bottom