What's new

Support For Tapa Talk Ending On 10-27-21

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Well like I said before I use Tapatalk 99.0% of the time. I don’t like this Web Browser thing so I will be limiting my time at Badger & Blade. Sorry guys you need to get with the times.

I’m Not Mad or anything just Disappointed in your Decision on Not Supporting the small Majority of us that use Tapatalk.
The error here is thinking that dumping bloatware like Tapatalk is not "getting with the times".
Tapatalk is the very definition of not getting with the times.
It is incompatible with modern site software.
Progressive Web App IS with the times. Tapatalk is out of date and fading fast.
No one likes change, but sometimes we have to accept that we have to move on from old antiquated apps that aren't kept up to date and are incompatible with the websites and browsers used today.

I'm sorry you are having a tough time with the issue. It's been a dilemma for us too.
We're getting rid of it essentially because it's not a plug in, it's not an app, it's a parasite.
An "app" should support the forum it's used on, and not require a website to support an "app".
It sucks resources away from the site, requires us to not add upgrades, and requires us to configure to suit their needs.
It's also not a matter of getting together and working it out. They are unresponsive, have a backlog of complaints on various forums that are half a year old, and they delete requests for assistance on their own site to hide the issues.
As much as we'd like to make everyone happy with their experience here, we just have to make the decision to drop them so 97 percent of the members who don't use it can benefit from the modern software and upgrades we have purchased.

A great response here by Nick in the Poll we put up.

I’m personally sad to see Tapatalk go but understand and appreciate the issues you’ve had with them. It’s not the first forum I’ve heard this from. And if they are going to play hardball and/or not keep up themselves with modern software successful forums use, sadly it’s time for sites like B&B to pull off the bandaid. It’ll take a few more to do so but hopefully they eventually listen. All I ask if you keep them in mind in the future if they get their act together.

Cheers!
John

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I’m personally sad to see Tapatalk go but understand and appreciate the issues you’ve had with them. It’s not the first forum I’ve heard this from. And if they are going to play hardball and/or not keep up themselves with modern software successful forums use, sadly it’s time for sites like B&B to pull off the bandaid. It’ll take a few more to do so but hopefully they eventually listen. All I ask if you keep them in mind in the future if they get their act together.

Cheers!
John
Absolutely!

Well like I said before I use Tapatalk 99.0% of the time. I don’t like this Web Browser thing so I will be limiting my time at Badger & Blade. Sorry guys you need to get with the times.

I’m Not Mad or anything just Disappointed in your Decision on Not Supporting the small Majority of us that use Tapatalk.
The existence of Tapatalk is due to early forums not scaling well on smartphones. Tapatalk is now completely moot and anything but 'with the times'.

Tapatalk is dying, as are forums in general. B&B is one of the more vibrant ones left (and may it continue to be so!). Some others that I have frequented for 15+ years are hollow shells of their former selves.

I used Tapatalk for about 36 hours this summer before deleting it. I did not enjoy it at all. On my iPhone 8, and more recently 13 mini I’ve had no problems using or browsing the site. I didn’t even know what it looked like on a computer till just recently.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The existence of Tapatalk is due to early forums not scaling well on smartphones. Tapatalk is now completely moot and anything but 'with the times'.

Tapatalk is dying, as are forums in general. B&B is one of the more vibrant ones left (and may it continue to be so!). Some others that I have frequented for 15+ years are hollow shells of their former selves.
Evolve or die!

I don't miss Tapatalk much as uploading pics works fine without it.
What I find annoying is none of the web search results pointing to b&b through Tapatalk work... just bring you to the home page :(

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The type of interface used on B&B is automatically selected by the device type. That's why the forum looks different on a phone than on a desktop PC.

Top Bottom