What's new

Support For Tapa Talk Ending On 10-27-21

Can you adjust your text size as mentioned above?
It's more scrolling, but easier to read.

Here’s before and after screenshots. It does change the text size, but not the browsing and notification features. It’s more difficult to navigate the mobile site than Tapatalk. Reading threads in any size is fine.
IMG_3190.png

IMG_3189.png

IMG_3188.png

Sorry, the first picture loaded is the ‘after’… notice the larger badgerandblade.com font in the address window, with no change to browsing functions/tabs. For those with fat fingers and small screens, the mobile site is challenging to navigate… as my boss says, “it is what it is…”.

I used Tapatalk for a while, and, I just prefer the mobile site on my phone anyway. I use my phone for uploading pictures, and, making posts because it is quick. The only thing I don't like about the mobile site is the inability to see signatures. On my tablet I use the desktop site automatically which I prefer on the larger screen.

I think if you rotate your phone horizontally then you can see signatures
I used Tapatalk for a while, and, I just prefer the mobile site on my phone anyway. I use my phone for uploading pictures, and, making posts because it is quick. The only thing I don't like about the mobile site is the inability to see signatures. On my tablet I use the desktop site automatically which I prefer on the larger screen.

Tapatalk was a decent app for a while. It became cumbersome, quirky and unreliable as the years went on. Even with paid upgrades. I dumped it a couple years ago and don't miss it one bit.

I exclusively used Tapatalk for the convenience of browsing through different subjects on multiple forums. Even though I completely understand the circumstances, it was still very convenient for me to use.
Is there any equivalent app?

I exclusively used Tapatalk for the convenience of browsing through different subjects on multiple forums. Even though I completely understand the circumstances, it was still very convenient for me to use.
If you’re using Chrome OS, then the ‘Progressive Web App’ is a pretty good alternative. Same for iOS, but you won’t get notifications. Most browsers have the option to install a PWA compliant webpage as an app on your home screen.

Native apps are on the to-do list, but will take some time.

I know it’s not exactly the same thing but I use “latest posts” on my desktop and on my mobile (98% of the time) the same function is accessed by clicking on the lightning bolt at the top right. At least on iOS it is. Hope this helps at least a bit

I use a Galaxy S8+. The site is mostly unusable with Google Chrome due to the rediculous small font sizes. I already have the global don't size in Android set to +1. this site is too small to use with Chrome. I have to use Opera, which rewraps the text when you zoom. Using Opera I have no issues at all.
This. I am on Android too. Fonts are too small on the Chrome browser and the site overrides the Chrome font zoom setting. Recently have started to use Firefox (mostly because of the adds)

This. I am on Android too. Fonts are too small on the Chrome browser and the site overrides the Chrome font zoom setting. Recently have started to use Firefox (mostly because of the adds)
On multiple browsers -Chromium based at least- use pinch to zoom, it helps. Additionally, as @Eben Stone said in an previous post, Opera is brilliant. If any of the above are not appealing, you can try and increase the rendered text size in settings.

On multiple browsers -Chromium based at least- use pinch to zoom, it helps. Additionally, as @Eben Stone said in an previous post, Opera is brilliant. If any of the above are not appealing, you can try and increase the rendered text size in settings.
I use Chromium and I have set the font at 140% in its settings. But the font on the site doesn't change. Pinch to zoom is not a solution. It increases the font but the text goes beyond the screen on the left and right.

I use Chromium and I have set the font at 140% in its settings. But the font on the site doesn't change. Pinch to zoom is not a solution. It increases the font but the text goes beyond the screen on the left and right.
Are we taking about the front increase in system setting or just in browser ? Give Opera a try, it might surprise you with the text wrap feature.

Well like I said before I use Tapatalk 99.0% of the time. I don’t like this Web Browser thing so I will be limiting my time at Badger & Blade. Sorry guys you need to get with the times.

I’m Not Mad or anything just Disappointed in your Decision on Not Supporting the small Majority of us that use Tapatalk.

• Wow
Reactions: Anu
Top Bottom