What's new

Support For Tapa Talk Ending On 10-27-21

I apologize for jumping in but I would be genuinely curious to know if anyone finds it difficult to use the site on a small screened device. It would be valuable feedback for the website team I imagine.

So far the only thing I’ve seen is being unable to receive push notifications on iOS which I agree would be nice to have. One potential workaround for this is to enable email notifications in your user preferences so that you would have an alternative means of being notified.

Well I binned tapa talk just because of the messages.
But mobile site? Afaik there is no m.badger and blade ?

And navigation wise I have always found it doable and just that. Not sure how to change it to the better without bending rules like
Henson is a c&b not a de thread
Stirling is a c&b not a soap thread
We tend to insert our reviews as an opinion while there is a difficult to find review thread.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Well I binned tapa talk just because of the messages.
But mobile site? Afaik there is no m.badger and blade ?

And navigation wise I have always found it doable and just that. Not sure how to change it to the better without bending rules like
Henson is a c&b not a de thread
Stirling is a c&b not a soap thread
We tend to insert our reviews as an opinion while there is a difficult to find review thread.
Xenforo adjusts to the device, so no need to worry specifically about a m.badgerandblade site.

C&B's exist for a reason, though going into the why a brand is there varies slightly. It wouldn't be fair to discuss issues that someone can't respond to because they are not members here.

Eben Stone

Staff member
I would be genuinely curious to know if anyone finds it difficult to use the site on a small screened device

I use a Galaxy S8+. The site is mostly unusable with Google Chrome due to the rediculous small font sizes. I already have the global don't size in Android set to +1. this site is too small to use with Chrome. I have to use Opera, which rewraps the text when you zoom. Using Opera I have no issues at all.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I use a Galaxy S8, and have used many other Android handsets, Windows laptops, tablets etc. I currently use DuckDuckGo as my browser on my mobile and Chrome on my laptop but have used many other browsers and have never experienced an issue with small fonts or had any difficulty using the site. I have no idea what Tapatalk is but I cannot imagine the purpose it serves although there clearly is one. I am not aware of Tapatalk being widely used in the UK.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Haven’t browsed B&B on a computer in years. Even the old days on vBulletin. iOS user here.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I use duckduckgo and Samsung Mobile Internet browser. Both work well for me on my Android phone and tablet.
It's fine for reading, making and answering posts.
I generally use a desktop if I have to do a lot of typing, and sometimes I do, or for photo editing as my photo editing software is on the desktop anyway.

As a Avid Tapatalk User I Don't Like the Idea Of you not Supporting Them. As i Don't Have a Computer or Tablet to get on this Great Site. ( On a friends Laptop now ) As of now i cant see Pictures or see my PM's Nor can i reply or access Many Features From B & B.
All in ALL it's A shame That you Guy's Can't Get Together And Figure it OUT. IT CAN'T BE THAT DIFFICULT. I'M Not Mad AT Anyone Just Disappointed. You Guy's Do GREAT Work Here And We All APPRECIATE You For All The Hard Work you DO.
But keeping up on a Plugin Cant Be That Difficult.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
As a Avid Tapatalk User I Don't Like the Idea Of you not Supporting Them. As i Don't Have a Computer or Tablet to get on this Great Site. ( On a friends Laptop now ) As of now i cant see Pictures or see my PM's Nor can i reply or access Many Features From B & B.
All in ALL it's A shame That you Guy's Can't Get Together And Figure it OUT. IT CAN'T BE THAT DIFFICULT. I'M Not Mad AT Anyone Just Disappointed. You Guy's Do GREAT Work Here And We All APPRECIATE You For All The Hard Work you DO.
I'm sorry you are having a tough time with the issue. It's been a dilemma for us too.
We're getting rid of it essentially because it's not a plug in, it's not an app, it's a parasite.
An "app" should support the forum it's used on, and not require a website to support an "app".
It sucks resources away from the site, requires us to not add upgrades, and requires us to configure to suit their needs.
It's also not a matter of getting together and working it out. They are unresponsive, have a backlog of complaints on various forums that are half a year old, and they delete requests for assistance on their own site to hide the issues.
As much as we'd like to make everyone happy with their experience here, we just have to make the decision to drop them so 97 percent of the members who don't use it can benefit from the modern software and upgrades we have purchased.

A great response here by Nick in the Poll we put up.

Why not up just pull up badgerandblade.com in a browser on your phone? I never use Tapatalk and access B&B on my phone all the time.

I do about half my browsing on desktop and about half on mobile. Android 11, Chrome 94.0.4606.61 and it renders just fine although occasionally if my phone switches from landscape to portrait, the page will render narrow in portrait until I refresh.

I use a Galaxy S8+. The site is mostly unusable with Google Chrome due to the rediculous small font sizes. I already have the global don't size in Android set to +1. this site is too small to use with Chrome. I have to use Opera, which rewraps the text when you zoom. Using Opera I have no issues at all.
There is another thing you can try. If you go to Chrome - Settings - Accessibility there is an option for text scaling. I have mine set to 110% which is probably why it isn't too small for me. I have vision issues and my phone is smaller but I can read it just fine. Hopefully this helps.

Android Chrome Accessibility Settings.jpg

I apologize for jumping in but I would be genuinely curious to know if anyone finds it difficult to use the site on a small screened device. It would be valuable feedback for the website team I imagine.

So far the only thing I’ve seen is being unable to receive push notifications on iOS which I agree would be nice to have. One potential workaround for this is to enable email notifications in your user preferences so that you would have an alternative means of being notified.

YES!! On my non-MAX non-Texas style small iphone SE, the mobile site is small and as such more difficult to use than Tapatalk. That is my only gripe with the mobile site at this point. You guys are going to make me dish out $$$ for a mega-iPhone and that’s less money I’ll have to spend on my RAD, SAD, BAD. Thanks a lot! 😉

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
YES!! On my non-MAX non-Texas style small iphone SE, the mobile site is small and as such more difficult to use than Tapatalk. That is my only gripe with the mobile site at this point. You guys are going to make me dish out $$$ for a mega-iPhone and that’s less money I’ll have to spend on my RAD, SAD, BAD. Thanks a lot! 😉
Can you adjust your text size as mentioned above?
It's more scrolling, but easier to read.

Top Bottom